Type keyword(s) to search

[RESOLVED] Editor Bar

GHScorpiosRule

Sorry to keep bugging you, but I had a question about the editor bar. In the previous version, we didn’t have the underline function included because David said the function caused hyperlink issues. But with the new version, I see we have it, so does that mean it’s no longer an issue? But we no longer have the strike out function on the bar. Will it show up once the reindexing of the site has been completed?

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

So many questions, so little time.

As you can see, it's available for me now, you?

Nope. I know I can get strike words out by manually using the brackets, but I don’t see it on the editor bar. I only see the B, I, U, the 👁 for spoilers, the emoji, link, and a monitor icon.🤷‍♀️

4 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

So many questions, so little time.

As you can see, it's available for me now, you?

No strike out button for me.  It may be disabled for standard users and only enabled for mods and above.

Maybe manually entering the old BBCodes will still work.

Actually, I was only partially correct.  

When replying to a post (e.g. this post), there's no button for strikeout on the Editor Bar.  But if I try to Start/Create a Topic, the Strikeout button does appear between the Underline and Link buttons.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

Actually, I was only partially correct.  

When replying to a post (e.g. this post), there's no button for strikeout on the Editor Bar.  But if I try to Start/Create a Topic, the Strikeout button does appear between the Underline and Link buttons.

And now I see it when I hit reply, when it wasn't there before.  I was going to say that it's there for me in PMs, but maybe the issue has been corrected?

On mobile devices (iPad and iPhone) when editing a post there are no list options (either bullets or numbers) or quote option:
IMG_1360.PNG

but there are list and quote options when creating a post:
IMG_1361.PNG

Also, on mobile devices, all pictures appear at the bottom of a post only.

Edited by shapeshifter
edited on laptop to move images to desired positions
39 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Which device(s) are you seeing this on? This is related to screen width + responsive design; if your screen isn't wide enough to accommodate all editor bar buttons then turning your device horizontally should make them appear. 

Ah. 
So all options do appear when I turn my phone horizontally,
however, 
on my old iPad Mini, it works in reverse: 
Several options do not display in my usual horizontal mode,
but, oddly,
they do appear in vertical mode
--which is okay with me.

It's a little counter intuitive for them to only disappear in the post-editing screen and not in the initial posting screen.

Good to know.

Thanks