Type keyword(s) to search

Winner Cake All - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This is a remake of a show from a few years ago, and that last year's show with Tara and Johnny, but this is the worst show on FN, in my opinion. Giada is an awful host, and why does she think everyone is turned on by her cleavage? Does she own anything that is not showing her boobs off? It is almost like these shows are her version of Tinder or Match.com. Sorry about being so rude, but I am a little over her!!!

• Love 2

I hate this setup. Hated it with the wedding one also. I just want to see them make a cake the whole episode. What good is making a topper(1st part) when it's for no one. I actually don't mind Giada in this one. But I now can't stand Zac Young & Damiano Carrara. 

• Love 1

I thought Food Network had stopped trying to make Damiano happen.  But it appears we're still not free of him and his stank attitude.   Maybe Giada insisted he be there since he was her designated Italian crush one season on FNS.   Pairing him with the yappy Zac Young was nothing short of evil.

I felt sorry for the "old school" bakers in the Disney Princesses episode.   The face on their character was...not good.   And the face on the blue princess being such a contrast didn't help.  I also felt they should have been dinged for making the huge focal point of their cake some made up character based on the baker's mother while relegating the 3 women who the cake was for to tiny, odd-faced characters placed on the lower tiers.

• Love 4

This show is just not fun to watch. I am not sure why, but I just can't get into it. Damiano needs to go back to his bakery and stay off television. He is so arrogant, and he never gives credit where credit is due, like no one is a better baker than him! Zack Young is starting to believe his own press and is getting a little uppity too, just my opinion, but I had to stop watching this show!  And Giada needs to get dressed!

Edited by jlc
  • Love 1

This show is just a hot mess. I love the concept -- kind of a mix between British Bake Off (with all of the lingering exterior shots of the tent) and the old Challenge show -- but the bakers simply don't have the resources and time to do their work. And the initial noncake challenge to create a "cake topper" just rings false.

Each week's "winner" is basically the team that was the least worst.

• Love 2

I’m starting to think they know what the challenge is ahead of time. The one team already had a pre-made shopping cart made out of pvc pipe. They also happened to “find” the perfect spinning red light for the red light special. 

Oh and how gross did that last cake look?? Dense, wet and beige. 

• Love 2

Ok they need to stop acting like the contestants don’t know the challenge ahead of time. I’m a couple episodes behind, but who knows who founded the Improv off the top of their head??

I'm quite sure that the contestants know what the main challenge will be ahead of time - on this show and all the "Wars" shows.  They whip out a giant sketch pad and pretend they're coming up with elaborate designs just like that.  Then they just happen to find some obscure thing they need in the "pantry."  I'm inclined to think that the first challenge, the cake topper, might be a surprise but I'm not so sure of that.  

I think this show has some good points.  Giada has been pleasant and the judges have been baking/pastry people for the most part but it would be better if the competitors were working in a/c instead of a hot tent and if they had more time.  

• Love 2