Type keyword(s) to search

The Fosters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It only took me a year and a half but I finally binged the 3 episode wedding finale. I'm not sure why I waited so long - other than I really liked the college graduations as a series finale. 

Overall, I liked the extended finale. Interesting to see Stef as a social worker - complete with a softer wardrobe. I thought the choice to have Corey's mother recover - and for Stef/Lena to lose the chance to adopt him - was also interesting. It shows a different side of the foster care system. I loved seeing the flashbacks during the wedding ceremony - so many of my favorite series moments were there. Surprising that Mike was only in one short scene; I liked that Eliza's parents mentioned that Brandon's dad was married to the twins' birth mom. The final scenes in front of the newly sold house were very good: the family reuniting and then going their own ways as adults. 

I don't watch Good Trouble because my main interest are the Mamas but I will tune into the upcoming Christmas episode when the whole family comes back again. It's a shame that Freeform didn't decide to spinoff the Mamas but that would likely skew too old for their viewers. 

Terrific show - This extended finale reminded me how much I miss it. 

• Love 2

I started watching this again and then I saw a pretty big goof I hadn't noticed before: In the episode Callie meets her father (Donald) he says that she is just like her mother but then she meets her actual biological father and he has a daughter that looks just like Callie. So how can Callie be just like her mother and a girl from a different mother just like her?

On 11/24/2019 at 7:44 AM, LisaM said:

I don't watch Good Trouble because my main interest are the Mamas but I will tune into the upcoming Christmas episode when the whole family comes back again. It's a shame that Freeform didn't decide to spinoff the Mamas but that would likely skew too old for their viewers.

Stef and Lena are by far the most awesome thing to come out of The Fosters! I love them so much. Agreed that Freeform likely isn't the right fit, but it would be so great to see them show up somewhere!

• Love 1