Type keyword(s) to search

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I like the concept of the show, but my reaction to the first two episodes of Season 3 was that it was sort of boring. 
Neil DeGrasse Tyson, to me, seemed as if he was trying to do an impersonation of Carl Sagan's style. The ongoing attempts of poetic philosophizing felt pretentious. I feel as if the show would benefit from dialing back the amount of ND Tyson. The pontificating got old, quick. 

There was also some confusion because of all the special effects. Yes, the futuristic cites, spaceships and flying astronauts are fun to look at - but they show also used special effects to demonstrate an actual proposed mission to Alpha Centauri (I think).  Why not interview the real scientists and film some actual equipment? 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 1

I caught episodes 3 and 4 and couldn't finish them because they were too tedious to watch.  Between Tyson's pretentious, overdone delivery, the cartoons and the boring stories I couldn't take it.  Episode 5 was better.  Episode 6 was billed as being about Carl Sagan but it didn't have enough on him, which was disappointing.

• Love 1
On 3/26/2020 at 8:48 AM, Yeah No said:

I caught episodes 3 and 4 and couldn't finish them because they were too tedious to watch.  Between Tyson's pretentious, overdone delivery, the cartoons and the boring stories I couldn't take it. 

I was so looking forward to this season.   Personally, I don’t mind the cartoons because it helps relate the history of the topic and my middle schooler has learned a lot watching Cosmos with me.  However I agree Tyson comes across as “pretentious “ or trying too hard to get an Emmy (or an acting gig).  The dramatic pauses, the serious intonation...I find myself falling asleep.  Maybe he has a future on one of those sleep inducing podcasts or apps instead.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Does anybody know the name of the music played during the Cassini footage from Season 2, Episode 8 "The Sacrifice of Cassini".

Found it, Experience, by Ludovico Einaudi

Edited by AnimeMania