Type keyword(s) to search

Ho Ho Ho 2018 Holiday Special

• Start Topic

Guests:
Yvette Nicole Brown, Ron Funches, Ana Gasteyer, Lauren Ash, Tony Hale and Jameela Jamil.

Games:
Hold My Balls
In My Pants
Song Song Wrong
Wrapper ____
Where Ya Going

There was a huge mistake on In My pants as the balls for the second team were launched all over the lawn, making at least 2 impossible to catch.

Wrapper [Something] was a version of the Musical Chairs game, with gift boxes (containing worthless gifts) instead of pillows.

Yvette Nicole Brown was the star of the show.  She was the "driver" for Where Ya Going" and if she didn't guess within  a second, she passed and went on to the next.  She got 9 right to pass the other team (who got a very respectable 8 right).  Then on Celebrity Name Game, she and Tony would give at most 2 clues each (with clues like "weatherman on NBC, rotund and black" for Al Roker), then tell the civilian to pass. 

Spoiler

He got 10 with 10 seconds to spare. 

The last round and the $25000 round are well worth watching.

• Love 3

I thought this was a good episode all around, without any duds in the celeb panel. (Which is a nice change of pace) Everyone seemed to try their best, and worked well with each other.

Has Ron Funches been on before? He’s all over the place sometimes its hard forget where I have and haven’t seen him.

Anyone hear when the rest of the season will play?

On 12/15/2018 at 2:03 PM, ajsnaves said:

I thought this was a good episode all around, without any duds in the celeb panel. (Which is a nice change of pace) Everyone seemed to try their best, and worked well with each other.

Has Ron Funches been on before? He’s all over the place sometimes its hard forget where I have and haven’t seen him.

Anyone hear when the rest of the season will play?

Correction, one dud...Ron Funches is one of the unfunniest comedians/actors I have ever seen. He was by far the worst thing about the show Undateable, which was pretty bad anyway. "Save us from your dry ass turkey" is supposed to be funny?

On 12/14/2018 at 3:34 PM, jhlipton said:

Yvette Nicole Brown was the star of the show.  She was the "driver" for Where Ya Going" and if she didn't guess within  a second, she passed and went on to the next.  She got 9 right to pass the other team (who got a very respectable 8 right).  Then on Celebrity Name Game, she and Tony would give at most 2 clues each (with clues like "weatherman on NBC, rotund and black" for Al Roker), then tell the civilian to pass. 

Yvette is superb on games like these (guessing a lot of names in a short time, as also on the now-cancelled show Celebrity Name Game where she appeared often -- not often enough). For one thing, she's a quick thinker, able to say something useful immediately upon seeing a name (others will blubber for a couple of seconds before formulating words). Additionally, as quoted above, she knows that the key to getting a lot of points is ruthless passing when it doesn't immediately work.

• Love 3

Yup, she's so good. It was great strategy to pass quickly, esp in Celebrity Name Game when the contestant either clearly didn't know the person who couldn't quite remember the name. Yvette even said something like, "If you don't know it, pass."

Not much else to say about the ep. Oh, the male contestant reminded me of one of the doctors on The Good Doctor.