Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Golden-Toe Fuller

Bort

Jackson's a star football player -- but the pressure is getting to him. DJ plans a gender reveal party, and Jesse tries to bond with other dads.

Airdate: Friday, December 14, 2018

• Love 1

You'd think DJ and Max would have both realized that they were putting the pressure on Jackson, but I guess not. I wasn't surprised when it turned out he was faking his injury. Jackson had some nice moments with Ramona as well. They have a really great sibling-esque relationship.

Jesse's Daddy and Me subplot was fun, especially with Josh Peck as a guest star. 

I get the sex reveal stuff, but I also like that Jimmy wanted to be surprised, just like I got Steph's excitement over knowing. 

In one of the Jesse/DJ scenes in the middle of the episode, at some point, it felt like the actors just hanging together and bantering. It was actually pretty fun. 

• Love 7

The Josh peck cameo was really fun, even if the millennial jokes have been made about 30 thousand times before. "FIRST VIETNAM, AND NOW THIS!" "How old do you think I am?!

The Jessie and DJ scene was really sweet, it felt like John and Candace were just hanging out and reminiscing for a minute there.

• Love 5

"I got nothing, it's great hair." "THE DONUTS ARE REAL! THE DONUTS ARE REAL!" --  I love Josh Peck. Also love that he remembers his roots and still repeats things for emphasis. EMPHASIS!

I expected the balloon to pop on something above them and have the confetti rain down. I am disappointed. 

• Love 2