Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: No Escape

Bort

DJ and Steve go on a double date with Matt and his new girlfriend. Steph and Kimmy host a Lamaze class at the house -- with hilarious results.

Airdate: Friday, December 14, 2018

I knew it was Gia at the end of the first Matt/DJ scene when he kept trying to warn her about his new girlfriend. I will say that Gia/Matt wasn't what I expected but it worked rather well. Gia was even....dare I say it, likable and toned down from her usual personality. I was totally feeling the two of them, which I didn't expect. DJ being a bit jealous made sense. Maybe not about Matt dating someone else, but Matt dating Gia. And hey, for the first time, I felt a little bad for Steve when DJ called him "not a doctor". I did like the escape room plot, and chuckled at them ripping the owl apart, only to discover the sign about not touching the owl. To be fair, although I've never done an escape room, I'd imagine that you wouldn't want to leave anything in there that you didn't want touched because people get scarily intense and competitive. 

Oh, that damn Lamaze class. I am happy that Kimmy wasn't upset because she was going to miss the baby after it's born, but more that she didn't want her and Steph's relationship to regress. That was a nice twist. 

• Love 3
On 12/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, Lady Calypso said:

. To be fair, although I've never done an escape room, I'd imagine that you wouldn't want to leave anything in there that you didn't want touched because people get scarily intense and competitive.  

The rooms have some stuff that are there only for decoration/mood/whatever, and they do have a sign that it shouldn't be touched. 

When Stephanie told Kimmy that she might be her most annoying friend, I was a little sorry that she didn't add "and I'm friends with Gia" since Gia was in the episode anyway.

Gia makes everything better. I'm even a little less irked about Steve/DJ's hideous behavior last season.

• Love 1

I’d forgotten Steve and Matt used to be friends. DJ and her stupid rivalry with Gia is fun, and I laughed at Gia’s “There’s only a dozen straight guys in San Francisco “ remark. I also love that DJ has a mobster who owes her a favor.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Love 1