Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 General/Episode Discussion

I got to the end of season 3 today. When I was in an infant loss group, there was a teen couple who had lost a baby very late in pregnancy, and the facilitator said that it's actually more common for young mothers to have complications than for women a few years older. So, it's good to see it addressed. I hope they handle it well in season 4.

One thing that I thought was actually good foreshadowing (a few episodes ago) was when Adrian was telling the guidance counselor that she expected to be back in school in about a week. For a teen mom who loses a baby, that's about what is expected-all the promised help and support evaporates, and the mom (and dad) face having to go back to a world that sees their loss of the baby as a momentary hiccup and in many ways a good thing-when their world has just been shaken, they're going through serious grief, and physical and hormonal after effects. If this is handled well, it could really be a good twist for the 4th season as Adrian and Ben have to recover in a world that doesn't allow them the freedom to grieve due to being teenagers.

I didn't like the whole pushed marriage thing-but this last episode really made up for it.