Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Open Sesame

I wonder how far Corinne can get with the less-is-more ethos she's got going on? I usually dig her stuff for its lack of clutter. Also the Tree Wizard, for all the bragging he was doing was undone by what looked like a moss robe complete with Saturday morning cinch.

Do they explain where/how the non-application stuff is done? Seems to just appear without camera time.

Do they explain where/how the non-application stuff is done? Seems to just appear without camera time.

A couple of seasons ago they vaguely addressed this sometimes. Like you would see someone rolling in racks of costumes for them to pick from or you'd hear someone opine that a dress or robe was not exactly what they asked for but it would have to do. I believe any modifications had to be done by the artist.

I also remember an episode where someone wanted to put a rabbit into one of those clear plastic dome things they often fill with light up orbs or what have you, anyway she asked (production?) for a stuffed rabbit (I think she meant a real taxidermied rabbit) and got back a bag of like stuffed animal rabbits, she used one, it was cute and strange and the judges loved it. 

So, it seems like they can ask for items and sometimes they get them and sometimes they're not perfect but they have to "make it work" and other times they use a roll of fake moss and make an awful robe that covers up a neat looking design... 

I'm a week behind; just got to see the wizard episode last night. It was one of those times that I had to just trust the expertise of the judges, because George's design didn't impress me at all. I felt bad for Cat--hers was weak, but I felt like Nico's was way worse.

• Love 1