Type keyword(s) to search

State of Affairs Anticipation

Can't say I'm personally anticipating this (Katherine Heigl burned too many bridges with me), but I have to admit there's a somewhat ShitTastic quality to what's in the trailer. I mean this is over the top "only on TV" bullshit to the highest degree (the former daughter in law of the POTUS being her CIA briefer, and the elaborate conspiracy plot they seem to be alluding to).  I can anticipate this as possibly being one of those shows where it's so ridiculous, it goes around the other side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlPJVmeA3t8&index=1&list=PLRUSbbQynOdGDHtWaJhW8k07GpVPJ60KJ

• Love 1

I think they were aiming for a Zero Dark Thirty done by Shonda Rhymes, with a tough of Homeland. Kind of "look, we're sooooo brave: we have strong female characters, one is a woman of color! Look, the leading lady is sooooo tough!"

But I cannot look at Heigl and not think "romantic comedy!" Whenever she tries to be a tough girl, I get giggles.

Maybe if it was Yvonne Strachovsky. Or Anna Torv. Yes, Anna Torv could own this.

• Love 1

I think they were aiming for a Zero Dark Thirty done by Shonda Rhymes, with a tough of Homeland. Kind of "look, we're sooooo brave: we have strong female characters, one is a woman of color! Look, the leading lady is sooooo tough!"

But I cannot look at Heigl and not think "romantic comedy!" Whenever she tries to be a tough girl, I get giggles.

Maybe if it was Yvonne Strachovsky. Or Anna Torv. Yes, Anna Torv could own this.

Why are quality actresses like Yvonne Strachovsky and Anna Torv on the shelf while the likes of Katherine Heigl getting shows?

Argh.  It's like how the horrible Jenna Elfman keeps getting shows.  

• Love 1

Can't say I'm personally anticipating this (Katherine Heigl burned too many bridges with me)

But I cannot look at Heigl and not think "romantic comedy!"  Whenever she tries to be a tough girl, I get giggles.

,,,,while the likes of Katherine Heigl getting shows?

I just don't trust Heigl not to fuck it up by falling out with half the cast/crew.

I love this place!  I came  to gripe about KH being on this show not even sure that I would find a thread started and one was started in May!  How sad is it that we all have the same not so good feelings about KH??  Why don't the networks have it??  Seriously, Katherine Heigl has as many fans as Aviva Drescher (a NYC Real Housewife.)    

Edited by crgirl412

The opening of that promo is odd - it shows KH kissing on some guy and then cuts to a voice over that starts with "My son Aaron" making me think KH is kissing on her son before you realize it is Alfie talking.

I originally came looking for this thread to talk about KH's hair in the commercials for the show - who in their double digits wears sausage curls?  In the embedded promo, look at her ponytail around1.20 in.

This does look like it has the potential to be "so bad it is good", but KH is a deal killer for me.

I don't have a negative view of Katherine Heigl and I'm going to wait and see how the show turns out before I start criticizing her or the show.

Someone mentioned Anna Torv.  I would love for her to get another show, and this show does seem like it would have been a a good fit for her.  I miss Fringe (although I wasn't crazy about the last two seasons).