Type keyword(s) to search

S24: Jet & Cord

• Start Topic

I'm not sure where to ask about this as there doesn't seem to be a speculation topic or one for the next episode (if that would be the appropriate one), and I'm nervous about starting topics. Since Jet and Cord have the Express Pass, though, it primarily concerns them.

If they decide to use the Express Pass on the detour, do they have to declare which side of the detour they want and go there before declaring they're using the pass? Or do they declare they're using the pass when they get the detour clue? I can't remember what the awful people did last season.

I'm just wondering because I think next week is their last chance to use it, and apparently there will be a double U-turn. (I think I saw it in the previews. I don't follow spoilers once I know the cast, so if it wasn't in the previews, I'm making it up and never mind.) I'm trying to figure out their best strategy for using it at the detour, and it might depend on whether they have to pick a side first. If they have to pick a side first, they should pick the harder (for them) task so if they're U-turned, they will do the easier task. And if they don't pick a side and get U-turned, then do they get to pick which side they'll actually do since they used the Express Pass for the other side?

I may have thought about this too much.

auntlada - I started a speculation without spoilers thread. You are free to start a topic thread at any time if there isn't an existing one so don't be nervous about that!

My recollection is that the Express Pass is handed in at the task itself. They could pick the easy task and do it and then if they get U-turned use the Express Pass to skip the harder task. 

There's a very easy way to avoid having to worry about any of this, and that is, of course, to just get to the U-Turn first, so it can't be used on them.  But yes, you have to actually go to the task and hand it in, because that's how you get your next clue.

It occurred to me that Jet's the brains of the team, which is interesting given that he was the one who allegedly got into it with TAR16 Jordan (of Dan and) at TARCON, and wasn't gracious at times during that season.  I remember him being overly serious, especially during their original season, but he seems to have mellowed out.  I doubt they will make it to F3, especially with a u-turn coming up, but they are one of the few bright spots in a lackluster season for me.   

ETA:

Ironically, their ouster this season might be eerily similar to TAR18, when alliances and answer sharing left them in the cold and eventually led to their elimination.  It's a shame, really, because I'd like to see them compete with similar-minded teams and wonder where they'd land. It would be a lot more interesting to watch, for me at least. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1

I am hoping they get there first , but I think they have to use it this leg, so they will be minimally impacted unless they get lost again. I am torn between them or the Brenchels for the win. I think they are playing a solid game this time, with no drama.

• Love 1

It occurs to me that it may have been a good thing for the Cowboys that they didn't make it to the mat first, since they've been sort of ignored by the other teams for the last few legs. Although if anyone from the "Accidental Alliance" makes it to the U-turn before them, they'll probably U-turn the Cowboys over B&R. At least if they're smart.

Alas, it's a double u-turn, and the odds of the Cowboys getting ahead of any of the three allied teams are unfavorable. They've been smart enough to stay out of the drama, but their navigation weakness for sticks out like a hang nail for them.  Unless they don't have to drive anywhere in the next leg, my hopes aren't high for them to skirt the U-turn again.  If it was a single u-turn, I would be less concerned, but I can't see a way out of it, save getting there first.