Type keyword(s) to search

Crystal: Pretty Sailor Reboot

(edited)

Wait, are you referring to the Infinity arc or the Stars arc? In the Stars arc, they all die, inner and outer, just like the anime, but in different ways.

As for how it happened in the anime version, I liked how it played out. And Pluto and Saturn knew what was happening, and willingly went along with Uranus and Neptune's plan.

Edited by AndySmith

The deaths you're referring to are in Stars, and I don't think they'll happen if Crystal keeps being relatively faithful to the manga.

I'm loving "Season 3"/Infinity so far. I'm so excited for more Hotaru next week. She's my favorite non-Usagi senshi.

• Love 1

I like it too. They seem to have paid attention to some of the complaints the fans had, and adjusted it. Also, there are nice throwbacks to the 90s anime series, but still has it's own identity as a manga adaptation. Too bad they hadn't done it this way with the first 2 series.

Also, Venus Wink Chain Sword and Jupiter Coconut Cyclone were great! Especially given how disappointing Rolling Heart Vibration was.

Well, it seems like "Season 3" is doing well, story wise and animation wise. Why couldn't it have been like this from the start? I didn't hate the first 2 seasons, but after what we have seen so far from the current season, I do wish the reboot had been this way from the start. Hopefully they will continue with this level of quality for the rest of the season.

Apparently. there is a second version of the new opening...slightly different music, with a new singer. Apparently, the new singer was also the VA of Sailor Galaxia in the original anime. Cool!

(edited)

This has come up multiple times about different anime and the bottom line comes down to how much the animators care about quality. This isn't my opinion, this is from one the people that animates One Punch Man or whatever. Its not about money or time (about every anime has about a week or two of production time between episodes).

It's clear to me that the first 2 seasons were done on the fly and then some because of the number of errors. Wrong brooches, confusion about Queen and Princess Serenity in the opening and episodes, off model and extremely limited animation--really seems like the animators were given clips of the transformations from the 90s and the manga and told to make it work. This isn't bad, Kill La Kill's last episodes were being written and animated pretty much right up until it actually aired. Anyone who has seen the animation studio episode of Paranoia Agent can imagine what that was like--sans mental illness and murders...

I guess this season will last for 13 episodes and the Dream arc will start. The Chibi Usa ending is not only annoying, it spoiled the end of the last episode. 

Edited by PrincessEnnui
(edited)

I think the first 2 seasons just suffered due to a smaller budget and a director who just didn't work out for the show. The fact that season 3 has a bigger budget and a different series director shows...plus, the fact that they seemed to listen to the complaints viewers had for the first 2 seasons shows as well. Which is probably why season 3 is doing so much better than the first 2. If only the show started like this from the beginning...

Yes, it will be 13 episodes. They've already aired episode 8, and the next episode will be out on May 30th in Japan. Can't wait! Mistress 9 has just appeared, so you know things have just been taken up a notch. Hopefully the Dream arc will be done with the same quality we got this season.

I don't know if an ending song is enough to ruin the end of an episode (or an episode in general). Granted, it isn't a great song, though I have heard worse. Of course, Eternal Eternity is a much, much, better song.

One thing I would like to see is maybe do Crystal versions of both "Princess Kaguya's Lover" and "Casablanca Memory".

Edited by AndySmith

Well, Season III has ended...and dang, I have to say, this season has probably been my favorite Sailor Moon season of them all, original 90s version included. If only the first 2 seasons had been as good. Hopefully, the next 2 seasons will have the same level of quality this season got. Here is the final scene of the season, which also gives a slight nod to next season (with a minor cliff-hanger, I guess?).

• Love 1