Type keyword(s) to search

Will You Join The Dark Side? ... Once The Show Has Ended, Obviously

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I realise that this is perhaps premature right now, but the question occurred to me so I thought I'd ask anyway; are any of you planning to read the books once the show is over & done? My reason for asking is because it would be very interesting if you, (that's a collective you) did so jointly and posted your thoughts regarding finding out answers/information that the show doesn't end up revealing, or even changes from the page to the screen that made more sense in the books.

• Love 4

I wasn't actually planning on it.  A lot of these themes are not ones I want to see explored in the written word with more detail.  Stuff like the almost satirically over-the-top torture with the rats, etc. springs to mind.  

However, my son extracted a promise from me that I would, when he recently joined the ranks of Bookwalkers.  So to keep one Oath, I had to take another that won't kick in for a while.  

• Love 2

I had/have an inclination to read the books - should we all still be around by the time they are all written ;-).  My tendency would normally be to put them on a list of "Things I'm Going to Read At Some Point", but a Virtual Book Club would put them at the top of the list. 

• Love 2

Following on from SilverStormm's question in the proclamations thread, I'm moving the conversation to a thread of its very ownsome - complete with poll.

This poll has 2 questions, so please vote in each; the second question allows for multiple-votes if there are multiple applicable to yourself.

To clarify, the question is relating to once the TV series is complete, and the collector's edition blu-ray* box-set of all 12 seasons** are installed with pride at home. I'm also thinking that knowing that the group will stay together - after a fashion, and continue discussing may help those tempted by the books to resist.

I have moved posts already made in the proclamations thread across - but you'll have to do your own voting - don't be so lazy!

* Or whatever ends up superseding blu-ray.

** Come on, have faith - this will make 12.

• Love 2

Probably not. I don't need minutae details of the horror that A Show has shared with A Viewer. The level of utter disgusting, violence fucking shit that's on A Show, I assume is written in painful, drawn out detail in the books...It is known...so probably not.

• Love 1