Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Doubt

• Start Topic

Is the greatest SVU ep ever, pure he said, she said with alcohol in the mix, the most realistic scenario with even Eliot and Olivia voicing their doubts at the end as to whether the accused is guilty. We should have many more eps along this line , it would do the series a power of good (but I doubt that at the moment with MH's zealous influence on the series and the whole Ford/Kavanaugh hysteria). 

One flaw, when the victim makes her allegation against Eliot then Cragen should have removed him AND Olivia from the case entirely and handed it over to another SVU unit, telling Eliot to have no more contact with her isn't enough.

Fascinating ending, rather than let the jury foreman deliver the decision the network let the public vote on it (that in itself would be a good format for a L&O show, let the audience vote on the verdict during the last commercial break and have 3 endings already filmed depending on what is decided). In this case 60% voted for acquittal, 20% for conviction and 20% wanted more info. Frankly given the flaws in the accuser I was amazed 20% still believed her?

Yes, that was an excellent episode. It had no hidden (or by recent years, obvious) agenda and was based on the evidence and testimony at hand. Objectivity was at it's best here, except for how the characters and even for that matter, the viewers would interpret all the pertinent information.

Damn, I miss the old episodes!

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 2
(edited)
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 3:40 PM, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Definitely one the best episodes of the series and L&O Universe.

Absolutely, I can't think of a better ep. It reminds me of 'In the Pale Moonlight' from ST;DS9, probably the most atypical ST ep ever but possibly the best. 

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, dttruman said:

Yes, that was an excellent episode. It had no hidden (or by recent years, obvious) agenda and was based on the evidence and testimony at hand. Objectivity was at it's best here, except for how the characters and even for that matter, the viewers would interpret all the pertinent information.

Damn, I miss the old episodes!

We should have some sort of campaign, L&O would be a much better series with more balance to it, the writers should be free to break the mould more often, after 20 years it's time to experiment with the formula. 

Edited by Joe Hellandback