Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Dessert Week

• Start Topic

On 11/30/2018 at 8:36 AM, Deskisamess said:

The chocolate sphere thing would be a cool gender reveal for expectant parents. 

Sorry to reply to an old post. But  I was thinking the same thing. I never heard of the ball reveal cake. And was thinking how fun that would be for a special occasion. But a gender reveal would be a cool way to do that and have the color be the gender.

• Love 1
On 9/19/2018 at 7:13 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I would love to see Paul get a pie in the face every week. Does that make me a bad person?

I was so excited about the showstopper challenge this week! I loved that Ruby said this is the kind of dessert she would get when she's out with her girlfriends and Paul asked if she's seen these kinds of desserts and she said, "Yes, they have RESTAURANTS now, Paul. You need to get with the times."

Jon's ballet cake with white chocolate ganache, raspberry ganache, and kirsch syrup was not the most beautiful ballet design I've ever seen, but I totally appreciated the combined effort of drawing all the ballet figures on his sphere plus the actual tutu and pointe shoes. The sphere melted nicely and the flavors sounded delicious. Jon was so sweet to help make Ruby's chocolate sauce after her sphere broke.

Kim-Joy's galaxy ball with choux turtles and the salted caramel sauce was pretty and it looked different from everyone else's which is always a good thing. THe outer sphere melted very nicely and the little turtles piled up inside looked so great.

I know this response is more than 2.5 years in the making - but I agree with you - Paul deserves a pie in the face every week.  I held off on the longest time watching the new version on Netflix.  I never liked Paul, and my assessment of him was proven to be unfortunately true, when it was revealed well over a year ago the real reason why Mary Berry left, and why Mel and Sue followed her departure with their own.  

But it is such a kind show.  As you noted Jon helping out Ruby, which is the norm for this show.  The contestants help each other.  And I like Sandy, Noel and Prue.  So I put up with Paul.   A couple of good friends talked me into watching the show. 

And I am glad that I did.  The showstopper was amazing.  Completely blown away by Kim Joy's galaxy ball.  I think this season had some of the best contestants on the show.  As a group they gelled really well.