Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Round Table

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

If you like Galavant, you might also want to check out Crazy Ex-Girlfriend on CW. (Yes, it's an iffy title.) The main character has issues, definitely, but she's working on them! And I like that the stories are mostly shown through her perspective. It's funny, and makes an effort to show diversity. Unlike Galavant, the episodes are an hour long, with two musical numbers.

Here's one of the latest songs, and another that shows how the show typically parodies a certain genre:

(I also plugged Galavant in the CXG forum.)

Edited by Trini

I feel that you all are my people. And as such, I URGE you to get thee to NYC to See Something Rotten on Broadway. Saw it last night and it was SPECTACULAR. Super duper funny, a little bawdy, with a superb cast to boot. It is a love letter to musical theater. AND, it's set in 1590, so I think it's right in the Galavant wheelhouse! Here is a link to the big number - performed at the Tonys in June.

• Love 1

lol @betsyboo, I was actually, actually just listening to God, I hate Shakespeare! Saw the show in December, will second everything said here. It has everything a musical should, and manages to shade every other musical in the process. amazing.

• Love 1

lol @betsyboo, I was actually, actually just listening to God, I hate Shakespeare! Saw the show in December, will second everything said here. It has everything a musical should, and manages to shade every other musical in the process. amazing.

Have been muttering "It's hard to be the Bard, baby" nonstop. 

and now am singing (at my desk!) "DON'T BE A PENIS, THE MAN IS A GENIUS...."

I saw it in August and have had an immense crush on Christian Borle ever since.

Fun fact: He used to be married to Sutton Foster. That breakup and Laura Benanti/Steven Pasquale make me weep thinking of the potential prodigies lost. 

• Love 1

Yep. I don't know anything about Christian's current romantic life, but Sutton and Laura have recently remarried and seem very happy, and Steven Pasquale just got engaged to Philippa Soo (Eliza Schuyler Hamilton), so I'm glad for all of them.

• Love 1

Yep. I don't know anything about Christian's current romantic life, but Sutton and Laura have recently remarried and seem very happy, and Steven Pasquale just got engaged to Philippa Soo (Eliza Schuyler Hamilton), so I'm glad for all of them.

I *might follow SF, LB and Impbrown on instagram..... #stalker

• Love 1

Hey, they'd restrict their accounts if they didn't want to be followed! I don't have Instagram, but I follow Laura Benanti on Twitter. I've loved her since I saw her in "Women on the Verge." Used to follow SF, but got tired of all the promotions for Younger, even though I like it.

Hey, they'd restrict their accounts if they didn't want to be followed! I don't have Instagram, but I follow Laura Benanti on Twitter. I've loved her since I saw her in "Women on the Verge." Used to follow SF, but got tired of all the promotions for Younger, even though I like it.

LB's insta is hilarious. She's so normal. Lots of pix of Patrick making dinner and the two of them being oh so glamorous in sweats and sneaks. I think she prob tweets her pix too - I'm not on twitter as much. (I can't keep up  - pictures are much easier to scroll and "read.")

I only saw her in Gypsy and between her and The LuPone I needed to be sedated.

• Love 1

So last weekend I had to go to my cable company retail store for a modem problem. While there, they pitched a new DVR that allows for recording of 6 shows (like I need to watch more TV....) Anyway I had a specific conversation with the agent -- ok, but I am not going to plug this one in right away because I still have things on my current DVR I need to watch (re-watch). All good. Until Tuesday night when i got home: "To subscribe to service, please call..." They had
activated new without telling me. Um. the shrieking was fierce. Galavant, the Kennedy Center Honors, the Tonys...plus the last ep of Hart of Dixie. After a litany of online chats and stupidity, they reactivated it. Guess I have a lot of tv to watch this weekend....

• Love 1