Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Discussion

Episode 1:

"The Downward Dog"

The Housewives are back and Cheshire is on fire, literally! Rachel’s trust in husband John is dented when she discovers he’s been living a secret life. Tanya’s on the move after disaster strikes, whilst Dawn struggles with some difficult family news and new housewife Perla finds herself in a sticky situation.

Airs September 10, 2018.

I am not in love with Rachel's jealousy storyline with one of the new  housewives.  No need to do this.  It could have been a surprise for her that he was trying new ways to be healthy.  Whatever.  She'll get over it soon I imagine.

Damn, I feel for Tanya, that has to suck.  So glad no one was seriously injured or worse.  

• Love 1

Episode 2:

"Forty Five On The Inside"

It’s Dawn’s 45th birthday and Cheshire is in full on party mode. Rachel is reeling from the shock of John’s secret yoga classes with Perla. Ester finds herself in the firing line for some typically outrageous behaviour. After the fire, Tanya moves into a new house, and the fireworks go off in style at Warford Hall.

Airs September 17, 2018.

• Love 1

Episode 3:

"Dinner, Dancing... And a Disastrous Rectum"

The fallout from Dawn’s explosive birthday celebrations causes ruptures in Cheshire. Rachel questions her friendship with Ester. Dawn and Perla face off during a feisty lunchtime encounter. Rachel finally seeks advice about her wonky boobs. And Hanna invites the Housewives out for a spot of getting to know you... But will she regret it?

Airs September 24, 2018.

Episode 4:

"Breast of Enemies"

Whilst Rachel and Perla finally bury the hatchet, Hanna realises that an uneasy truce could be coming to an end. Could there be trouble for Dawn and Tanya once more?

Airs October 1, 2018.

Are these ladies all on meth this season?  Picking fights left, right and center for no reason whatsoever.  This series is about as over-produced as the *Little Women* now.  Oh and producers?  John isn't a good enough actor to pull off the Shady Husband trope, which is why he just stares confused and blank whenever Rachel confronts him about his made-up "secret" whatever.

God I miss the days of Ampika, who could be over-the-top without being so damn contrived.

• Love 2

Here are a few of my observations about the show from the last 2 seasons up to the latest episodes:

I absolutely hate so much about Dawn, especially when she was cruel to Tanya and calling her "dickhead" over and over again. That was so cringy and off, made me want to turn the whole thing off honestly, and yet, she is often okay too and she has a beautiful family, home and her husband is one of the hottest on all the franchises. I don´t like muscles but he is just a good looking man and he and Dawn seem good together, even if she is a huge bitch and he is so nice.

Now on to the thing that sparked my need to write: Rachel´s husband. He is a very strange mixture of "creepy and cute". I don´t think I´ve ever seen anything like it. Every time he is on screen I get chills from his creepiness and yet something about him is so relaxing and cute (not in a "hot" way, more like he´s a gentleman from another era, or a ghost). Rachel definitely married the right man for her looks because when she stands next to her husband she looks like a stunning, glamorous and bubbly  woman, but when she´s with the other women she just looks okay. But she is better looking imo than Perla. I´m defnintely not getting the femme fatale about her. Give me Ester for that role any day.

Speaking of, Ester is my favorite, she is a cartoon but she´s so big and stunning. I love her over the top silliness. It´s like she never knows what is going on but the other women are always angry with her over something (on and off screen) and talk about her like she´s some diabolical social media enthralling mastermind. I hope she´ll be bringing something more to the table soon.

No wait, Tanya is my favorite. She´s a genuine Cheshire rose.

I´m kind of waiting for the whole crew to mesh, I´m not sure they will. I´m really glad that they got rid of Stacy and the other one though, but maybe they don´t need to be so many.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1

Episode 5:

"Too Hot to Trot"

The divide between Dawn, Rachel and Tanya grows even further as Hanna’s intentions are questioned more and more. Ester and Zdenka go in search of the perfect face whilst the ladies join Nermina for some horsing around.

Airs October 8, 2018.

What a mess.  I can't even keep track of all the made-up reasons to fight; they've all spent this season arguing over literally *nothing*.  I don't care about Perla, Hannah, Ester, Nermina, or Seema--do any of them have storylines?  Dawn is amped-up this season; what substance is she abusing to be behaving this way?  Frankly, that's the most interesting thing about this season for me...yikes!

Episode 6:

"Dog Date Afternoon"

Hanna’s well voiced observations have blown the fissures in Cheshire society wide open. Rachel and Dawn’s friendship is on the rocks, and the future for Dawn and Tanya looks even more bleak. Meanwhile Seema continues preparations for her dancing competition, Ashley’s mum and dad move into Warford Hall, and could romance finally be on the cards for Lauren?

Airs October 15, 2018.

Episode 7:

"Any Karma in Palma?"

Dawn’s dramatic blowout has left Cheshire in turmoil. She remains unrepentant, but the ladies begin to wonder if her behaviour is symptomatic of deeper problems. In a bid to lighten the mood, Ester invites the gang on a city break in Palma. Can bridges be built or will it simply lead to more problems for Tanya, Rachel and Dawn?

Airs October 22, 2018.

Episode 8:

"Cold Turkey and Chicken Limbo"

Ester’s last attempt to unite the girls in Palma is skewered by a surprise visit from Christine that threatens to cause even deeper divisions. Meanwhile the girls are left in limbo, Tanya’s struggles continue and Rachel goes large with John. Very large.

Airs October 29, 2018.

Episode 9:

"The Best of Intentions"

Rachel’s daughter Cheski turns 21 and Cheshire is ready to party. Ester’s best intentions raise eyebrows, while Lauren’s dog contributes to the interior design at Warford Hall. Meanwhile, Seema’s revelations spell trouble for Tanya and Perla.

Airs November 5, 2018.

Episode 10:

"Frenemies and Foxtrots"

The competition hots up as Seema’s charity dance competition gets underway. Tensions between Dawn and Rachel run high once more, whilst Tanya finds herself torn between Perla and Seema. Will the show end in ballroom bliss or as a dancing disaster?

Airs November 12, 2018.

Episode 11:

"The Reunion"

Brian Dowling is joined by The Real Housewives of Cheshire as they dig deep into the highs and lows of the latest dramatic season. Can the ladies put their differences aside or are old feuds likely to be reignited?

Airs November 13, 2018.

Finally caught up with the last 3 episodes.  Wow!  This series was probably the most contrived and least interesting series to date for me!  So much of their real drama happens off-camera, and what we get to see is some very contrived nonsense, almost as bad as the Little Women drama.  That reunion!  So everyone hates Perla, but I didn't really get to see that much prior to the reunion.  Don't quite understand how we got here, and it seems to involve a lot more than Tanya being drunk (allegedly).

What's up with Dawn walking off at the end?  Has she quit?  She's my favorite love-to-hate, and I can't see the show without her.

I still really miss Ampika.

• Love 1