Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10 We'll Always Have Paris

19 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Except we had several episodes this season with Jane talking about not knowing how she was going to pay her rent, not being able to afford to buy food at the restaurant she was hanging out in all day, and all sorts of other financial concerns. That doesn't sound like someone  who has savings for travel.

I agree, and I do know that her airfare and hotel were taken care of. Also she is back at a full time job now...  I’m just thinking back to my mid/late 20s and realizing that I would use my credit card for the “extra” expenses to be in Paris with my BFFs if my hotel/air was free... I do prioritize travel though :-)

2 hours ago, julia1130 said:

I do prioritize travel though :-)

Jane prioritizes Jane so if she wanted to go she wouldn't let having no money stop her. She'd just give some poor fool a sob story about how her mother died because she ever got to take her little girl to Paris and Jane needs this trip to reconnect with her mother. Mommy Jacqueline would buy Jane a loft in Paris because Jane's life is just so tragic. (Sorry, I can't stand Jane anymore. I did like her in the beginning but I just can't anymore. She's the worst)

• Love 5

I figured the Scarlet party was on the weekend before Fashion Week started so that Jane was just there for a quick weekend visit (no vacation days required). That does, of course, assume some practical thinking on Jane's part. (Hah!) Also, how does Kat have miles? She used a credit card to get the abandoned flight to Paris at the end of last season. Did she rack enough miles during the month of travel with Adena through Peru?

I agree that Sutton didn't need to give up her trip to Paris to fly back to NY at a huge last minute flight cost -to say nothing of the cancellation fee when she didn't take the flight.  She could have called Richard on her cellphone (that could surprisingly call internationally), or used Facetime or Skype, for a conversation about wanting him back. It indicated some thoughtfulness on his part to fly out to see her. He certainly has more money than she does, but I'm still amazed that he was able to get a room in that hotel, last minute, for Fashion Week. (It wasn't her room, as she had a room with two beds that Jane was using, and was the location of the overflow fashion closet.)

Also, at the Scarlet No Phones party, why didn't Kat check in her phone? We saw her take a selfie of the three of them, mentioning that she hadn't yet checked in her phone, and then the three of them just strolled up the steps to the party. I kept waiting for her to turn around, run back down and check the phone in but, no, we went to credits.

Details, details, details...

On 8/9/2018 at 1:58 AM, Cranberry said:

I'll just say that last season Sutton was my least favorite of the girls because I found all the Richard drama boring and tiring, and this season she was my favorite character on the entire show because she made the tough choice to break up with him and work hard to achieve her fashion-related goals, and was consequently way more fun/interesting to watch. I do not like this whole, "My achievements are meaningless without a man to share them with" attitude, and I didn't like how Oliver of all people told her to leave the most important fashion-related event of her life thus far to chase after a man.

On 8/9/2018 at 11:41 AM, dubbel zout said:

I know. I appreciate him wanting Sutton to have a life outside of work, but her talent isn't going to mean much if she never has a chance to use it because she's too busy mooning over Richard.

Lol, it's called being in love! I swear I feel like I am the only one on this board with a romantic bone in their body! ;D

At no time did Sutton say or even imply that her achievements were meaningless without a man. She and Richard are in love. I think they make a great couple, and I am happy that Sutton will now be able to have her career and her man. I love them together, and the actors have great chemistry.

And Richard has been nothing but supportive of Sutton's career. There is absolutely no reason why she can't have a successful career and a successful relationship.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2018 at 12:52 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Ben is hotter, more committed, stable, supportive, and probably makes more money, but Pinstripe will win because he's white and a smug asshole, which is interpreted as "edgy" and "challenging." 

In my opinion, Ryan (aka Pinstripe) is hotter and has great chemistry with Jane. Saint Ben's middle name is Mary Sue.

Edited by Gothish520