Type keyword(s) to search

S02E18 Shadow of Doubt 2018.07.29

(edited)

A computer programmer hires Shade and Angie to recover a hard drive, which is locked in a secure lab.

Season Two finale.

Edited by Trey

They really should do a background check on all potential clients.  Yeah, I took Dana at face value too but the whole thing slowly started sounding off.

• Love 1

My husband and I both hated that Angie and Shade were so gullible about this stuff.  This show completely ruined their characters.  They are way more competent, and this show just made them seem so crappy at their jobs.  They are way better judges of character than this.  My husband and I were skeptical from the first time that the woman started her spiel.  And then when the guy showed up about the puck, and wouldn't go to the police, I was even more skeptical.  I am very unhappy with how they ended the season.

• Love 4

I have to agree. The finale seemed like it was written by someone that had NEVER seen the show. The Angie and Shade we'd come to know were capable and careful, very good at their jobs, and would have throughly vetted new clients--especially ones that were asking A&S to break the law. They took the clients' story at face value even after meeting the supposed bad guys (and both "bad guys" came off as nice guys). Even the bit with Jules seemed off. Sadly, someone has now decided that "little" stories are not enough, the show has to have a major overarching mystery that has national/international implications. A lot of otherwise good shows have been destroyed by this approach. If the Private Eyes PTB wanted a big story, MAYBE they should have done something with the key that Shade found in the Year One season finale...the key that's been ignored once he handed it to Angie.

I'm just going to pretend that last week with the brewery was the season finale, and this never happened. That episode was well written, well acted, and the characters were true to form. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, flowerchild said:

I have to agree. The finale seemed like it was written by someone that had NEVER seen the show. The Angie and Shade we'd come to know were capable and careful, very good at their jobs, and would have throughly vetted new clients--especially ones that were asking A&S to break the law. They took the clients' story at face value even after meeting the supposed bad guys (and both "bad guys" came off as nice guys). Even the bit with Jules seemed off. Sadly, someone has now decided that "little" stories are not enough, the show has to have a major overarching mystery that has national/international implications. A lot of otherwise good shows have been destroyed by this approach. If the Private Eyes PTB wanted a big story, MAYBE they should have done something with the key that Shade found in the Year One season finale...the key that's been ignored once he handed it to Angie.

I'm just going to pretend that last week with the brewery was the season finale, and this never happened. That episode was well written, well acted, and the characters were true to form. 

Wasn't that the key to the safety deposit box which contained Angie's "rainy day fund"  so she can actually help people and not just take clients that pay big? 

• Love 1

Agree with everyone who is dissatisfied with this episode.  There's no way Shade and Angie would commit a felony on the word of some random woman that they just met.  No way.  This storyline had better have a quick resolution so that the show can get back to what it's good at.  If this drags on next season, I can't watch it.

I can, however, buy Shade doing what he did for his old 'buddy'.  Shade does like it when he gets recognised and it kind of clouds his judgement.

• Love 4