Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Drumline

Ep was good overall and I liked how Maggie gradually understood the reality of CJ vs the nostalgia for High School CJ. But to respond to your question, Valny, it wasn't quite as funny as "Bird Bones".

---When our high school got new band uniforms, we were able to purchase our old ones on the cheap. They were super old school polyester ones, too, and would not be desirable in a resale to another school. Turned into great halloween costumes.

---Our alumni reunion bands in high school actually went on the field. The current students did a piece with drill, then we filled in between and did a park-and-play. We had a quick rehearsal to get us coordinated with getting on and off the field before the game started. My college band actually did some drill with the reunion groups, but they did that military rank stuff, so it was easy to pick up again.

---Lots of the older alums in my high school alumni snare line, who were in school before Lennon/Maggie was born, were female.

I was in a college marching band in the early-mid 90s and one of our best snare drummers was female. Granted, she was the only one on the line, but she rocked it.  Also, when we go back at homecoming we do march on the field, with one morning day-of rehearsal.  It's basically just march out there in  a straight line, play (standing still) and march off.  We let the youngsters do the real drill, but technically we are on the field. 

Also, I so loved this episode for SO. MANY. REASONS.