Type keyword(s) to search

"You see a pattern emerging here, Scully?" The Thematic Quotes Game

Theme is episode related.

1. Sure, fine, whatever. Scully to Mulder, Syzygy - bastet, 3 pts

2. You didn't have me come all this way to give me good news.

3. It's somebody, though. Mulder to Scully, Paper Hearts - bastet, 3 pts

4. ... you could have shown that kid a picture of a flying hamburger and he would have told you that's exactly what he saw. Scully to Mulder, Deep Throat - bastet, 3 pts

5. Who is my father? Mulder to his mom, Demons - smrou, 3 pts

6. You see, the fiercest enemy is the man who has nothing left to lose. CSM to ABH in Herrenvolk - smrou, 1 pt and Taryn 2 pts

She drove at the end of DT when they returned Mulder all jacked up.  I don't remember about PH, probably not LOL.

Hmm, is the theme that Mulder is somehow not in his right mind in each episode?  (Although that could cover a lot of things....bwahahaha......)

Theme is episode related.

1. Sure, fine, whatever. Scully to Mulder, Syzygy - bastet, 3 pts

2. You didn't have me come all this way to give me good news. - Bill Mulder to Mulder, End Game - Taryn, 3 pts

3. It's somebody, though. Mulder to Scully, Paper Hearts - bastet, 3 pts

4. ... you could have shown that kid a picture of a flying hamburger and he would have told you that's exactly what he saw. Scully to Mulder, Deep Throat - bastet, 3 pts

5. Who is my father? Mulder to his mom, Demons - smrou, 3 pts

6. You see, the fiercest enemy is the man who has nothing left to lose. CSM to ABH in Herrenvolk - smrou, 1 pt and Taryn 2 pts

A couple of these stand out as episodes with epic Mulder ditches, so I'm guessing the theme is that Mulder ditches Scully somewhere. 

We have a winner on the theme! 

So final point tally:

Bastet - 9 pts

smrou - 9 pts

Taryn - 6 pts

So we have a tie..whoops.  Any takers to post the next one?  Or I can do another quote and first of Bastet or smrou wins...

We have a winner on the theme! 

So final point tally:

Bastet - 9 pts

smrou - 9 pts

Taryn - 6 pts

So we have a tie..whoops.  Any takers to post the next one?  Or I can do another quote and first of Bastet or smrou wins...

Oops... I was wrong... smrou won!  

smrou - 10 pts

Bastet - 9 pts

Taryn - 5 pts

And while I don't remember Syzygy being all that ditch worthy, Scully actually did accuse Mulder of ditching her so I just had to include it.  :)

I'm actually leaving very soon for my friend's house for at least the next 24 hours.  I might be able to get a new one up sometime Sunday, but if anyone wants to take my turn (and I think Bastet has a turn coming from an earlier win, actually) between now and then feel free to go for it.

I realize I'm supposed to be making up a game here.  I totally forgot!  I've got to write a final exam tonight so it won't be happening, but perhaps in the next couple of days.

• Love 1

Alrighty, I'm bored at work today so I hope nobody cares that I'm hijacking. :)

Theme is scene related.

1. Eenie, meenie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak?

2. A to B to C. I gotta tell ya, I think I'm finally gettin' the hang of this job.

3. What if he got really lucky? That's your big scientific explanation...?

4. Doesn't that make you sad? It makes me sad.

5. Go, girl.

How sad is it that I immediately can "hear" almost all of these in my head?  I think I need a life, LOL.

1.  Scully to Mulder in Never Again?

3.  Mulder to Scully in Goldberg Variation?

4.  Scully to Mulder when he's watching and quoting Plan 9 From Outer Space, but I don't remember the ep.

5.  Mulder to Scully in Detour.  Hee.

No more sad than the fact that I'm legit sad about finishing all of the seasons of X-Files.  :)   Now the question is do I just do a full rewatch or just a mytharc rewatch?  Choices, choices.

Theme is scene related.

? to ? in Never Again; Taryn: 1 pt.

2. A to B to C. I gotta tell ya, I think I'm finally gettin' the hang of this job.

Mulder to Scully in Goldberg Variation; Taryn: 3 pts.

Scully to Mulder in ?;  Taryn: 2 pts.

5. Go, girl.

Mulder to Scully in Detour; Taryn 3 pts.

Total:  Taryn - 9 pts.

Ok so 1 must have been Mulder to Scully instead.

Is the theme that each scene references an old movie or TV show?  Or perhaps pop culture?  I know the ones solved so far all do.  Rocky & Bullwinkle, Wile E. Coyote, The Flintstones, Plan 9.

You're close on the theme, but not quite.

Mulder to Scully in Never Again; Taryn: 3 pts.

Scully to Mulder in ?;  Taryn: 2 pts.

5. Go, girl.

Total:  Taryn - 11 pts.

Yup!  #2 is Doggett.

Doggett to ? in ?;  Taryn: 1 pt.

Scully to Mulder in ?;  Taryn: 2 pts.

5. Go, girl.

Total:  Taryn - 12 pts.

Aw, I finally know Doggett well enough to "hear" him say something!  Neat!  I feel like this is a milestone of some sort, LOL.

So is he speaking to Scully?

Awww, I kinda like Doggett.  I felt bad for him and Reyes.  They just needed their own show or something; not hitched to the mess that was the last 2 seasons of X-Files.  lol.

But no, it wasn't Scully.  :)

Oh I unabashedly love Doggett.  I even like Monica - as a female friend for Scully, that is.  Not so much as an actual Agent.

But anyway -

Is it to Kersh?

OK I cheated and looked up the episode in #4 (Hollywood AD) and while I was doing so, realized that they referenced Wile E. Coyote in that one too.  So is the theme that they all reference old cartoons?

You are correct!  Theme was scenes that reference cartoons.   :)   - 6 pts

Doggett to ? in ?;  Taryn: 1 pt.

Scully to Mulder in Hollywood AD;  Taryn: 3 pts.

5. Go, girl.

Total:  Taryn - 19 pts.

It makes me sad that nobody else is playing.  :(  I hope this board doesn't die soon the way the TWoP XF board did.

And since I doubt anyone's going to somehow jump in and pass me in points, heh, I googled Doggett's quote and found that it was to Reyes in Sunshine Days.

It makes me sad that nobody else is playing.  :(  I hope this board doesn't die soon the way the TWoP XF board did.

And since I doubt anyone's going to somehow jump in and pass me in points, heh, I googled Doggett's quote and found that it was to Reyes in Sunshine Days.

You're the big winner!  hah.

Yeah, where did everybody go?  :(   

• Love 1

Can we revive and tweak the original game rules back to the the simple quotes game? Not only because it's fun, but I need to harvest some good quotes for a small project. Maybe make it a tad more difficult than simple quotes...tell who said it, to whom, and what episode?

How about we just have a different thread for guessing quotes?  (I can't believe we didn't have one already, actually.  Strange!)  I can go start one, hopefully that's okay with TPTB.  I don't remember the rules for starting threads, heh.