Type keyword(s) to search

"You see a pattern emerging here, Scully?" The Thematic Quotes Game

Oh yeah, checking the transcripts is fine.  I don't like to resort to using google unless something has gone for several days without being solved.  Usually a few hints is all it takes to get everything figured out.

Theme is scene related.

1.  So what is our profile of the killer? Indeterminate height, weight, sex. Unarmed but extremely attractive.

2.  Do you believe in the existence of extraterrestrials?

3.  Rugged, manly men in the full bloom of their manhood.

4.  You're not gonna tell me you think it's that Mexican goat sucker thing.

5.  ... and I'm not wearing any pants right now.

(edited)

2 is Mulder to Scully in the Pilot!

4 is Scully to Mulder in Bad Blood.

Ah, and 5 is Mulder to Scully in all things.  I knew it was one of the eps where they were kind of on the outs with each other.

Guess on the theme - all scenes that have a slide show?

Edited by Taryn74

Heh, easy can be good!  All the quotes totally made me smile too, so that's a win!

Have to take the kids to school here in just a few, will think up a new one soon.

Okay here we go!  Theme is scene related.

1.  Are you out of your pretty little mind?

2.  Okay, I'm going to take my left hand and reach into my pocket and get my I.D., okay? Just don't shoot me. I got shot once and I didn't much care for it.

3.  I'm not going to shoot you! I don't want to shoot you!

4.  Marcus was the twelfth grade love of my life.

5.  You're the one who believed me!

Theme is scene related.

Morris (as Mulder) to Scully in Dreamland - queequeg 3 pts

2.  Okay, I'm going to take my left hand and reach into my pocket and get my I.D., okay? Just don't shoot me. I got shot once and I didn't much care for it.

ABH (as Mulder) to Scully in Colony/End Game - queequeg 3 pts (I actually don't remember now if it was the end of Colony or the beginning of EG, but same difference, heh)

5.  You're the one who believed me!

(edited)

4 is Scully to Eddie as Mulder in Small Potatoes

5 is Boggs as Mulder in Beyond the Sea

I assume someone else is appearing as Mulder to Scully - a theme, if not the theme - in 3, but it's not coming to me.

Oh!  From Kitsunegari?  No, wait, Mulder was the one seeing Scully as someone else in that one.  I think.  I don't know; my fever is back up, so I should stop thinking.

Edited by Bastet

I really hope you get to feeling better soon, Bastet.  :(

Theme = someone else appearing to Scully as if it is Mulder - Bastet 6 pts

ABH (as Mulder) to Scully in Colony/End Game - queequeg 3 pts (I actually don't remember now if it was the end of Colony or the beginning of EG, but same difference, heh)

Scully to "Mulder" in ??? - queequeg 2 pts (Hint - Scully is very flustered here because "Mulder" is threatening her, as someone earlier warned her he might)

Scully to Eddie (as Mulder) in Small Potatoes - Bastet 3 pts

Luther Lee Boggs (as Mulder) to Scully in Beyond the Sea - Bastet 3 pts

Scully to "Mulder" in ??? - queequeg 2 pts (Hint - Scully is very flustered here because "Mulder" is threatening her, as someone earlier warned her he might)

So is that Scully to "Mulder" in "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas"?

Theme = someone else appearing to Scully as if it is Mulder - Bastet 6 pts

ABH (as Mulder) to Scully in Colony/End Game - queequeg 3 pts

Scully to Lida (as Mulder) in HTGSC - queequeg 2 pts, smrou 1 pt

Scully to Eddie (as Mulder) in Small Potatoes - Bastet 3 pts

Luther Lee Boggs (as Mulder) to Scully in Beyond the Sea - Bastet 3 pts

Final totals -

Bastet 12 pts

Queequeg 8 pts

Smrou 1 pt

Good job everyone!

I have to drag myself to a graduation celebration shortly (my best friend got her MBA this morning, which I missed, but I'm bound and determined to make the dinner - everyone says they want me despite the germs) and will probably spend tomorrow in bed since every little thing wipes me out, so if someone else would like to put up the next game please feel free!

I'll bite! Theme is scene related.

1. I think I saw some of these same people at Woodstock.

2. I was wrong. Exposure to the insecticide does induce paranoia.

3. What have you got a date, or something?

4. The paint is called ivory bone. It's a two-step enamel used by three makers of late model mid-sized cars. They estimate there may be about sixty thousand cars that fit this description in the metro area.

5. Wait, you think I'm right?

3 - Mulder to Scully in Never Again?

4 - I think that's Bocks (or whatever his name was) to Mulder in Irresistible, after Scully was run off the road by Pfaster.

Theme is scene related.

1. I think I saw some of these same people at Woodstock.

3. What have you got a date, or something? Mulder to Scully, Never Again - Taryn 3 pts

4. The paint is called ivory bone. It's a two-step enamel used by three makers of late model mid-sized cars. They estimate there may be about sixty thousand cars that fit this description in the metro area. Bocks to Mulder, Irresistible - Taryn 3 pts

1 is Mulder in one of the crappy season one episodes -- Miracle Man, I think.  To Scully, because she reminds him he wasn't at Woodstock.  "I saw the movie."

Theme is scene related.

1. I think I saw some of these same people at Woodstock.  Mulder to Scully, Miracle Man - Bastet 3 pts

3. What have you got a date, or something? Mulder to Scully, Never Again - Taryn 3 pts

4. The paint is called ivory bone. It's a two-step enamel used by three makers of late model mid-sized cars. They estimate there may be about sixty thousand cars that fit this description in the metro area. Bocks to Mulder, Irresistible - Taryn 3 pts

Woohoo!  Can we get some hints on the last two quotes?  I HATE leaving stuff not completely solved, so even though I've got the points already I want to get the rest of them.

New one!

Theme is episode related.

1.  Historically, that's what gargoyles have been used for. To ward off evil spirits.

2.  We're looking for anything that can create human tracks in one step and animal tracks in the next.

3.  This is just perfect. It's exactly the way I've always dreamt that Easter should be.

4.  That man is your future. Listening only to himself, hoping to catch a glimpse of the truth, for who knows what reason.

5.  They say animals can develop an appetite for human flesh but, this is no animal. You see the teeth marks, just below the clavicle, they're human.

6.  Two brothers. One woman. Trouble.

1.  Historically, that's what gargoyles have been used for. To ward off evil spirits.

Mulder to ??? (not Scully) in Grotesque - Bastet 2 pts

2.  We're looking for anything that can create human tracks in one step and animal tracks in the next.

Mulder to old Indian dude in Shapes - queequeg 3 pts

3.  This is just perfect. It's exactly the way I've always dreamt that Easter should be.

4.  That man is your future. Listening only to himself, hoping to catch a glimpse of the truth, for who knows what reason.

Scully to Mulder in Quagmire - queequeg 3 pts

5.  They say animals can develop an appetite for human flesh but, this is no animal. You see the teeth marks, just below the clavicle, they're human.

??? to ??? in The Jersey Devil - smrou 1 pt

Close enough on #6.  I actually had the woman who was telling the story in mind, but she and Scully both say essentially the same thing in the episode, and you got the theme anyway, so....  ;)

Do you want me to just fill in the rest of the answers?  You've got the points to win.

Theme is urban legends!  queequeg 6 pts

Mulder to ??? (not Scully) in Grotesque - Bastet 2 pts

??? to ??? in The Jersey Devil - smrou 1 pt

Scully to Mulder in El Mundo Gira - queequeg 3 pts

To be fair, I felt the episode in #3, Chimera, was the weakest link in this puzzle.  I almost changed it to a different episode.  But I was thinking of ravens being linked to evil spirits as the urban legend tie-in.

In any case, you're up queequeg!  Good job.

Theme is urban legends!  queequeg 6 pts

Mulder to Patterson in Grotesque - Bastet 2 pts, queequeg 1 pt

Ellen to Martha in Chimera

Coroner to M/S in The Jersey Devil - smrou 1 pt

Scully to Mulder in El Mundo Gira - queequeg 3 pts

1. Sure, fine, whatever.

2. You didn't have me come all this way to give me good news.

3. It's somebody, though.

4. ... you could have shown that kid a picture of a flying hamburger and he would have told you that's exactly what he saw.

5. Who is my father?

6. You see, the fiercest enemy is the man who has nothing left to lose.

1. Scully to Mulder in Syzygy  (She says it twice, but I think it's to him both times.)

3. Mulder to Scully in Paper Hearts

4 Scully to Mulder in Deep Throat

(edited)

1 is Scully to Mulder in Syzygy

3 - Aw, Mulder to Scully in Paper Hearts (after she confirms that the skeleton they found is not Samantha)

4 I think is Scully to Mulder in Deep Throat

(Edit - wow, not only did we post at the exact same time, we answered all of the exact same ones.  Spooky!)

Edited by Taryn74

So I guess bastet got the answer in a hair before Taryn?

And 1 could have been Mulder to Scully or Scully to Mulder. He also said it as they were driving out of town at the end. :)

(edited)

Is 5 Mulder to his mother?

6 is incredibly familiar.  I can't place the episode but I think it's CSM saying it.  

ETA: Oh, I think #5 is from "Demons"!

Edited by smrou
(edited)

1. Sure, fine, whatever. Scully to Mulder, Syzygy - bastet, 3 pts

2. You didn't have me come all this way to give me good news.

3. It's somebody, though. Mulder to Scully, Paper Hearts - bastet, 3 pts

4. ... you could have shown that kid a picture of a flying hamburger and he would have told you that's exactly what he saw. Scully to Mulder, Deep Throat - bastet, 3 pts

5. Who is my father? Mulder to his mom, Demons - smrou, 3 pts

6. You see, the fiercest enemy is the man who has nothing left to lose. CSM to ??? in ???? - smrou, 1 pt

Edited by queequeg