Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E45: Deadly Lies

• Start Topic

A Marine is killed by a Navy sailor  he doesn’t know based on lies from a woman neither has met. No idea what episode number to use. 

I just don’t understand why ‘Samantha’ wasn’t at least charged with fraud and identity theft.  She portrayed herself as someone she wasn’t over the phone and internet and used someone’s else racy photos to do it.  

This was a very sad episode.  

• Love 3

Agreed, mythoughtis: I don't know if she should have been charged with anything, but I'm glad she said it ruined her life. Because of her lies and fear of doing the right thing, aka telling the crazy navy mofo that she was just not that into him, a man with a child on the way, and tons of potential, is now dead.

I was much more angry about the killer though... I felt he was still trying to deflect and blame "Samantha" for what were, without a doubt, his OWN actions. He made the decision to stalk the guy, molded the story to match the lies she was telling, and then when he said he had pretty much figured out Huff was NOT guilty, he realized he had gone too far, so he cut his throat and killed him anyway. 

And from the NCIS agents involved, telling the story of the confession, it didn't sound to me like he had any remorse. I believe he may have killed someone sooner or later, whether it was this guy or not. I'm glad he's off the streets.

And my heart goes out to Huff's wife, family, and son. They lived with the risk on a fairly regular basis, that he could be re-deployed and killed in action, but to make it through two tours of duty in Iraq and be killed by a psychopath, based on lies from a catfish, and, at home in the United States, must be pretty hard to bear...

• Love 5

I disliked the fact that they did not show "Samantha's" face or real name on TV.  She did not wish to be identified.  Of course she didn't want to be identified.  But that should have been her punishment.  They could not send her to jail.  But she should be exposed for what she did.  

• Love 7
On 6/24/2018 at 1:53 PM, LakeGal said:

I disliked the fact that they did not show "Samantha's" face or real name on TV.  She did not wish to be identified.  Of course she didn't want to be identified.  But that should have been her punishment.  They could not send her to jail.  But she should be exposed for what she did.  

Weren't some of the photos she used to fake her identity shown during the segment?  So that was OK....exposing the face of a woman who had nothing to do with the case at all...but the woman who was the catalyst was hidden?  Wrong IMO.

• Love 4