Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Split Decision

MARTIN AND LENA MUST DECIDE THE BEST WAY TO HOST THEIR SON'S UPCOMING BIRTHDAY PARTY BASED ON THEIR NEW CO-PARENTING APPROACH, ON ABC'S 'SPLITTING UP TOGETHER'

"Star of Milo" - Despite Lena and Martin getting along as co-parents, they must determine the best way to orchestrate Milo's upcoming birthday festivities based on their new system of boundaries. Meanwhile, Martin is pleasantly surprised when Lena shares a birthday invite with an unforeseen guest. Elsewhere, Maya takes matters into her own hands and reveals a surprise guest of her own, on "Splitting Up Together," TUESDAY, MAY 15 (9:30-10:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180430abc04/ 

Random Observations:

May was mostly absent.  I didn't miss her.  I'm not sure I'd survive a household with two precocious children like that.  

They were going to have two parties?  What the hell?  This is supposed to be an amicable divorce.  

Also, they really went to town with the space theme at the one party they did decide to have- what were those rocks the kids were jumping in?  

I know a few "Lisa Apples" and I get why it's hard for Lena.  They're young, seemingly perfect, and have never had to yell at a kid before the kid responds.  And they wear fake glasses.  

And even when I was at my most pregnant, I can't imagine any of my brothers in law rubbing my feet.  

• Love 3

I didn't hate this episode.  If the most egregious error the writers made was thinking a kid that age would be impressed with a gift of a star naming, that's not bad. 

Well, I didn't like the single dad taking Maya(?) home to sleep over WITH his son there.  Is casual sex really as casual as tv seems to make it now?  I'm old, I guess.  

On 5/18/2018 at 3:11 PM, Winston9-DT3 said:

Well, I didn't like the single dad taking Maya(?) home to sleep over WITH his son there.  Is casual sex really as casual as tv seems to make it now?  I'm old, I guess. 

I absolutely had a one night stand with a guy who had kids. I assumed they weren't home and I woke up to the kids hopping in bed with both of us (fully dressed). Now you see why it was just the one night. How did I not know his kids were there? 

But yes, sometimes parents have casual sex around their children as if there are no children to consider.

• Love 1