Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Wishlist: Teddy Ruxpin, Chucky, and a Cyndi Lauper Cameo?

• Start Topic

I already hinted at it in the thread's title, but I would love for the show to tackle horror films. The 80s had a smorgasbord of slasher films (Child's Play, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.), so I'd love to see a story based around that. 

• Love 1

Oh man, Denny Terrio, Marilyn McCoo and the Solid Gold Dancers. I used to watch that every week. I feel like the Goldbergs is mostly mid to late 80s and Solid Gold is early 80s, but I could be wrong. Anything 80s goes, I suppose.

Oh man, Denny Terrio, Marilyn McCoo and the Solid Gold Dancers. I used to watch that every week. I feel like the Goldbergs is mostly mid to late 80s and Solid Gold is early 80s, but I could be wrong. Anything 80s goes, I suppose.

If you add up the references in the show I think they've probably settled in the mid-80s more than either the early or late 80s, but of the three the early 80s has probably had the least coverage (because Adam Goldberg likely remembers those things the least).

That said, I think he's been fairly clear in interviews that he considers anything from 1980-1989 "fair game".

BTW: Solid Gold's run was 1980-1988.  

And wasn't Terrio the host of the competing show? (Dance Fever)

(edited)

Ha! You're right! Sorry - I'm probably Goldberg's age (graduated in HS in 1989) so I have things mixed up. Regardless, I watched both Dance Fever and Solid Gold for many years, but gave up Solid Gold as I became an older teen. My bet is that Solid Gold was not on his radar because he was in a household of males (unless that's the closest they could get to seeing hot ladies).

Edited by Lawgiver

I already hinted at it in the thread's title, but I would love for the show to tackle horror films. The 80s had a smorgasbord of slasher films (Child's Play, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.), so I'd love to see a story based around that. 

YES!  The Eighties were the golden age of slasher films, so I'd really like to see some reference to these; maybe in a Halloween episode in upcoming seasons as Adam gets older.  I was kind of shocked that not one Trick-or-Treater in this season's Halloween episode had on a hockey mask or a Christmas sweater.