Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Laws Of Gods And Men 2014.05.11

• Start Topic

I agree with you both.

Me four. Dinklage's rage seemed awfully forced and way too wild-eyed -- it took me right out of the scene to where I was watching the acting instead of the character. But Theon, Tywin, and Jaime were for real, so to speak -- I was right there with the characters and oblivious to the actors' enacting.

He'll probably get the Emmy again, though. Awards panels often love that over-the-top stuff. But I think Alfie Allen deserves it this time around. (Dinklage deserves it for many other scenes, though, including a moment in this one where he quietly says, "Shae. don't.")

• Love 4

I had my jaw firmly clenched the entire time Reek was being offered his bath... I was so sure it was a trap, but it makes sense that Ramsay would occasionally offer positive reinforcement - its juxtaposition against his evilness just makes it all the more effective.

I had my jaw firmly clenched the entire time Reek was being offered his bath... I was so sure it was a trap, but it makes sense that Ramsay would occasionally offer positive reinforcement - its juxtaposition against his evilness just makes it all the more effective.

I think it may be more than that.  Ramsay needs Reek to turn into a passable version of Theon.  Reek needs to look and feel human.  Couching the beginning of the transformation in terms of reward for his loyalty and his love for Ramsay is a clever mind game, but it's a part of a larger plan on Ramsay's part.  And I was tied in knots during that scene too!  Both of the Theon scenes had me filled with dread.

• Love 1

I literally couldn't watch the Theon scenes until it was established that nothing of an incredibly horrific nature was going to occur.  Note: Apparently I no longer consider the brutal murder of men to be horrific.  So that's concerning. 

But other than my "thoroughly desensitized to violence, thank you the academy of television arts" damage, I'm really hoping that trying get Theon to impersonate Former!Theon will be Ramsay's undoing.  I'd hate for it to just be a successful venture.  

In fairness to Theon, even though I was about ready to brain the guy myself , in order to quell him, it's also not as if Theon actually knows Yara all that well either.  That's something that occurred to me afterward.  He's seen Yara -- as a grown woman -- on two prior occasions, neither of which would necessarily have made Theon associate her with complete safety.   

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to forgive Theon for being such a destroyed wreck of a human being that he damn near got the only remaining person on the face of that Earth, who gives even half a damn about him, killed.  It does make sense, of course, but it also just made me want to shake Theon until he rattled.  

Note: Apparently I no longer consider the brutal murder of men to be horrific.  So that's concerning.

Funny you should say that because last week my husband was watching Mad Men and he told me "something very, very disturbing happens to one of the characters...it really creeped me out!"  I watched the episode during the week, and after it was over I said to him, "so what was the really disturbing part? was it the awkward, weird threesome?"  And he said, "no!  It was the guy who cut off his own nipple!! But I suppose compared to your GoT show and people eating horse hearts and chopping heads off, that's nothing, right?"  Indeed, it is disturbing what we consider gross and over the top now, thanks to A Show.

• Love 1

"no!  It was the guy who cut off his own nipple!! But I suppose compared to your GoT show and people eating horse hearts and chopping heads off, that's nothing, right?"  Indeed, it is disturbing what we consider gross and over the top now, thanks to A Show.

Yeah, hey they were doing that on GoT in season 3. That is so last year. Sidenote, guess I need to catch up on Mad Men.

• Love 1