Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Happy Birthday Baby

Venus plans the ultimate fourth birthday party for her youngest daughter, Sophia. Jackie is the proud recipient of a great honour in her hometown of Newcastle. A nervous Gamble rehearses her surprise song for Rick, and Sally drops by for moral support. Sophia's party enchants even the most hardened housewives, but Gamble's attempt to compliment Venus backfires in her face.

I thought it was so tacky of Janet to take Gina's gift. She knew it wasn't a fun, light-hearted prank. It's like she can't just leave well enough alone, she's always got to go out and get a rise out of someone. Part of me hopes she'll get a life and decide not to come back next season but the other part of me realizes the chance of that is slim to none, she lives for the high-school antics she carries out on this show. How sad.

On 2/12/2018 at 12:59 PM, OnceSane said:

I hate these over the top parties for young children.  Some people have too much money and time on their hands.

Compared to some of the other kid birthday parties I've seen on the housewives franchise, this was relatively tame I thought. It was still extravagant but I did like that it did seem catered to a young child in terms of the colours, decor, activities. There were plenty of children there and they all looked to be entertained. I've seen birthday parties on these kinds of shows where it seems more like an event for the adults to get together and drink than it is about celebrating a child's birthday. The dessert table was over the top but dessert tables are all the rage nowadays. The women on stilts are what stood out to me as being overkill...that and the Venus' speech. You don't need to give a speech for a child's birthday for a 4 year old's birthday and I kind of love the fact that her kids weren't having it. All of those kids could have been provided with far less at this party and would have still enjoyed themselves. 

For a barrister, Gina doesn't seem to know how to handle a confrontation with some eloquence. Her behaviour isn't bullying to me, it's rather childish. When you resort to telling people to shut up instead of explaining your side of an argument, you've already lost because you've given all of your damn control to the other person for letting them annoy you so greatly. 

Janet is a piece of work. She gossips more than anyone else on this show, she's lied to get herself out of trouble and yet no one more than her calls out others for her behaviour. She's mean-spirited (lying to a child about buying a gift for them isn't funny, calling someone fat isn't funny, telling someone to go drown in the pool isn't funny, etc.) but somehow everyone has to care when people are gossiping about her relationship. Talk about not liking it when the shoe is on the other foot. And all that brings me to how full of shit both her and Sally are. Sally is acting like some freedom fighter against the evil empire that is Gina yet for all of the things she's called out Gina for, her good friend Janet has also been guilty of and she's not only said nothing to Janet, but she's laughed about it. It's bias to ask someone to have a sense of humour when it's your friends playing the jokes on other people but then quickly pull out the bully card when someone tells someone to 'shut up'. Get over yourself. 

• Love 1