Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Truth About Will And Dogs

This is one of my all time favorite episodes. Will being all obsessed with the puppy and arguing with Grace about it is hilarious enough (in part because I see this happen in my LGBT circle a lot), but even after seeing this episode a million times, the “may I bite your snoots from loves” line kills me every single time. 

• Love 4

You know how sometimes they say people look like their pets (or vice versa)? Whenever I watch this episode, I think that dog is the perfect match for Will. Obviously not in the color of the dog, but they seem to have the same expression. (Like in that photo Tara included at the top of the podcast article.) 

I understand what Kevin is saying in declaring Grace the LVP because of the irresponsible dog ownership, but I think I get why he may have thought she came off better upon first viewing the episode -- because she does behave as a good friend to Will in the very end. She's the one who's able to say to him, "You are putting all your love and attention on this dog but it's really that you need to start dating again. It's time." It was something that he needed to hear.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

I had an ex-roommate who had grown up with dogs and desperately wanted to get a dog, but I was the Will in that scenario, saying no, because there was just no way. Neither of us could afford the extra expenses involved, including a hike in rent for having a pet on the premises; my work hours were really long and unpredictable, so I wouldn't be around consistently to take care of the poor dog; and she was rarely if ever home, so she wouldn't be around to take care of it (and would end up foisting the responsibilities onto me, like she did so many other tasks around our apartment - one of the many reasons we ended up parting ways as roommates).

What was really aggravating was that she used to threaten to pull a Grace - she swore that she was going to come home with a dog anyway and that I would have no say in the matter. It was pretty infuriating. So I would have been pretty pissed at Grace for what she did. (No matter how cute that dog was... and he really was adorable.)

• Love 1