Type keyword(s) to search

S36: Previews + Speculation

Daisy
  • Start Topic

I honestly don't even understand what this season even is. At first I thought it was gonna be returnees that did stupid shit, but it's new people so like what does that have to do with past Survivors mistakes? 

One thing I think I do know is that this season will be filled to the brim with idols and advantages. Yay.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I honestly don't even understand what this season even is. At first I thought it was gonna be returnees that did stupid shit, but it's new people so like what does that have to do with past Survivors mistakes? 

One thing I think I do know is that this season will be filled to the brim with idols and advantages. Yay.

I have learned - the more excited Jeff is for a season is the more disappointed i'm gonna hate it. 
It looks like they are going to use all the props that cost the survivors (so James's double idols, probably Stephen's advantage, lauren's seashell), and then i guess... they treat it like exile island? I have no idea. 

this truly is an idea that should have been implemented like 5-6 years ago. with returning players. because who cares if Bobby from Kansas earns the immunity necklace that Erik got on micronesia when he made him dumbass mistake? (though just writing that sentence makes me think if it was Erik with that necklace, i wouldn't care either so meh). 

• Love 3

Ghost Island looks like it's going to be loaded with all the idols that were never played and went home in someone's pocket (minus a couple that were never needed to be played by finalists, like Yul's idol), fake idols that were played, and possibly other items that represent "bad decisions" that cost someone the game.  The two odd pieces out would be the FvF immunity necklace, representing Erik's bad move (or the BWB's excellent one, if you prefer), and Dr. Mike and Lauren's burnt shell.

And given the superstition around Survivor; the old "car curse", the Island Gods preemptively snuffing torches back in Borneo, etc., it makes thematic sense that these items would somehow be "tainted" by their "misuse" and that using them properly would "exorcise the curse".

What I found interesting in the first teaser of GI was the presence of the old torch snuffers.  I know that those are Peachy's souvenirs and he has taken every single one home with him from the beginning.  So their presence on the island intrigues me.

• Love 2