Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E21: Back To School

I missed a chunk, but enjoyed what I saw.

Dude needs to leave Beary White the hell alone. first you punt it like a cheap punk, then you sleep with it?! The hell 31 year old weirdo?

Burt asking Meg to lift him up so they could face-to-face was funny and so Burt.

J-Bird and Kate was great. While I hated that Jackie was telling more lies, especially after Burt's party, I can see why she might. Part of Jackie's charm is that she does own her uniqueness, but is aware enough about how that makes other folks look at her.

Warren trying to help Hilary seemed like it was trying to hard, but still  a nice Warren moment. I am unsure if I buy that Diane truly believes that second is okay, but I appreciate that she sees how her drive and focus didn't prepare Hilary for the wider world. For Diane, I think that could be considered a new step in her parenting arsenal.  (The quick back and forth with Pete about their sex life at the end of the marriage? Too funny. " What's the plan? What's the plan?")

Seriously, though, that dress.

As a kid who was in Hillary's shoes once or twice -- smart enough to get into some smart kids' activity, but by far the dumbest one in the room once I got there -- I could sympathize with her crisis of confidence. I could also sympathize with her ordering three baskets of french fries, because french fries are delicious.

Is it weird that Meg only works when she brings Tevin along?

In the Season 2 that will never definitely! hopefully? happen, Kate will go back to college to finish her degree; hijinks will ensue as she tries to juggle studying with her busy schedule of not doing anything.

• Love 1

Another solid one. Jackie and Kate worked, Hilary's story worked, Meg and Tevin were good, and I really liked Warren covering Hilary's eyes at Kill Bill.

Bert was again a bit iffy for me this week. Liked him for the most part, especially (as @Actionmage noted) the lifting him up to be face-to-face, but there were a few bits that felt like they were trying too hard, especially the "It's 9:30? I'm going to be useless tomorrow!" line.

• Love 1

I'm so sad this was cancelled. I feel like the direction things were heading after Jackie and Kate would have been great for next season.

I loved Warren trying to cheer up Hillary, and Pete's attempts to get Warren interested in going to college. My first impression of college was a Little Sibs weekend and the highlight was a 2 am trip for doughnuts. Apparently, I'm Warren.

Bert is a little much, but the kid is cute and he always have a few moments.