Type keyword(s) to search

Ask a Runaway: Questions from Non-Book Readers, Answers from Book Readers

We have similar threads like this for Game of Thrones and Outlander, so I thought it might be useful for Runaways too. Sometimes non-book readers have questions about the books but don't want to be spoiled, so here is the place to ask!

Book readers, please use the quote function to quote the question you are answering and then put your answers under the spoiler tag. This allows non-book readers to find out the answers to their questions without being spoiled about everything else asked in the thread.

For example:

In the books, what is Nico's favorite color?

Spoiler

Black like her goth eyeliner.

In the episode threads, people are wondering what the timeline is of when the kids actually run away in the comics. So I'll answer here.

In the comics, when do the kids actually run away?

Spoiler

At the end of the first issue. The first major storyline is six issues, at the end of which the situation with the Pride comes to a head.  So the TV show is stretching things out considerably.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

I have a couple questions:

a) Does comic book Robert just use his magic book for the Rite of Blood, or is he a full-on dark wizard?

Spoiler

Both Minorus are full on dark wizards.

b) What IS the Rite of Blood in the comics? 

Spoiler

A yearly human sacrifice to give energy to the Gibborim.

FURTHER SPOILERS/EXPLANATION REGARDING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PRIDE AND GIBBORIM

Spoiler

The alien Gibborim assemble the six families with different abilities and offer a deal. Serve them for 25 years. They will be given the means to rule Los Angeles for 25 years. Perform the Rite of Blood and give the Gibborim energy. After 25 years, the Gibborim will be strong enough to awaken from their slumber. At which time they will choose the 6 among the parents to take to paradise or something like that. The parents begin an uneasy alliance. When the first set of parents become pregnant, they agree to each have one child and to allow that child to have their place in paradise with the Gibborim.

36 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Does Alex have any special abilities in the comics?

Spoiler

No. He's a normal human. He is very strategic and a leader. 

Correction to my first answer  The first storyline ran 18 issues, not 6.

• Love 1