Type keyword(s) to search

Texas Flip N Move - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I really like this show, but it's gotten away from the premise that the flippers buy, move, and flip the houses at a building lot where they are then auctioned off and moved to the buyer's property.

With the houses being "finished" on land the flippers have already bought, there's no point in buying and moving a small dumpy house because they don't keep much of it intact once it gets to the lot and they start adding square footage. The purchase and moving expenses are unnecessary and cut into their profit. 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2019 at 2:11 PM, sheetmoss said:

One thing that always got to me is when the flip was being done  on the lot, they rarely included dishwashers.

IIRC many of the buyers said they were moving the house to their property at a lake or out in the country. It's possible that their plumbing/septic systems wouldn't support dishwashers, and I assume they could install one if they wanted one and could run it where they put the house.

21 hours ago, mojito said:

Speaking only of the non-desert areas, screens are a necessity in Texas.

Oh yeah. I grew up in OK and TX. Bugs are a given, and keeping them out of the house is important. Hence, screens on windows and doors.

4 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

I really like this show, but it's gotten away from the premise that the flippers buy, move, and flip the houses at a building lot where they are then auctioned off and moved to the buyer's property.

With the houses being "finished" on land the flippers have already bought, there's no point in buying and moving a small dumpy house because they don't keep much of it intact once it gets to the lot and they start adding square footage. The purchase and moving expenses are unnecessary and cut into their profit. 

^^I've been thinking this too. I don't get the point of the buying/moving/mostly demolishing those houses either. I assume it's just to keep the "flip and move" theme going. Or maybe there's some grandfathering they can do under their state/local tax laws if they start with an "existing structure"?  I assume that current building codes would apply since they are doing such radical renovations and substantial additions. Although I don't recall seeing any building inspection scenes for their house + land flips. Definitely they do it for the show theme, and maybe there's some economic incentive for it vs. just building the damned house from scratch. Would be interesting to know for sure.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

^^I've been thinking this too. I don't get the point of the buying/moving/mostly demolishing those houses either. I assume it's just to keep the "flip and move" theme going. Or maybe there's some grandfathering they can do under their state/local tax laws if they start with an "existing structure"?  I assume that current building codes would apply since they are doing such radical renovations and substantial additions. Although I don't recall seeing any building inspection scenes for their house + land flips. Definitely they do it for the show theme, and maybe there's some economic incentive for it vs. just building the damned house from scratch. Would be interesting to know for sure.

I'm thinking that it's at least partly due to the "theme" of moving & flipping as well. I hadn't considered that there might be tax incentives on moving and renovating an existing structure, but that's also a possibility.

For the prices they are asking and getting on recent shows I certainly hope the houses are up to code! 😎 I do remember one flip having to stop to wait on an inspection not too long ago.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

IIRC many of the buyers said they were moving the house to their property at a lake or out in the country. It's possible that their plumbing/septic systems wouldn't support dishwashers, and I assume they could install one if they wanted one and could run it where they put the house.

But they don't leave the space open for a dishwasher, you'd have to remove a cabinet and possibly the countertop to add one 

They also never show they prepping the spot with water/drain

On Flip or Flop. Tarek & Christina usually don't include refrigerators  but you can easily  slide one in after buying,

• Love 1