Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: William, Tell

Grace brags that she and Will are the best of friends, with no secrets from each other--but when Jack reveals that Will briefly had an affair that Grace didn't know about, she becomes fearful that he might be hiding things from her. Karen privately hires Will when she begins to consider divorcing her husband Stanley, and her insistence on secrecy only makes Grace more paranoid.

Kevin, doesn't the "gaylien" joke come from Jack wearing an alien costume when he enters Will & Grace's apartment, because he was on his way home from having to wear that costume at a kids' party? He's talking about how he needs a better job, and Grace puts the alien head part of the costume on her shoulder as a joke, and Will hovers his hand over Jack's head like a sensor and says they've identified his race as "Gaylien."

This exchange always makes me laugh when I rewatch this episode:

Grace: What could it be, that he didn't tell you and he didn't tell me? It must be something he didn't want us to to know!
Jack: Good work, Nancy Drew! Let's meet up at Old Mystery Creek!

Jack cracks me UP with that line. Heeeeeeee.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 4

I didn't mind the maitre d' not having much to do, mainly because a lot of the rest of the episode was over-the-top, with Grace getting caught on the phone cord and her answering their phone and a lot of the other jokes. All those jokes were really funny to me, so I guess it would have been in line with the whole episode if they'd amped up the maitre d's part as well, and I definitely get Tara's point about not wasting a role that could be played for good laughs... but to me, it was nice to see someone in that role not be a stereotypically snooty restaurant guy. Instead, he just seemed like a normal guy with a job to do, and his part didn't get in the way of the momentum of the story going on. We needed him to get away from the front desk so that Grace could call Will.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

LOL. Sorry, Tara! Usually it auto-merges my thoughts, but apparently I took too much time in between each post. I'll make sure to click edit next time. ;)

P.S. Happy Holidays! (See, I clicked 'edit.' *GRIN*)

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1