Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: His Father's Son

Trying to interest his newly adopted son in more "manly" pursuits than reading and writing poetry, Isaiah Edwards buys a rifle for John Jr.'s birthday and stubbornly insists that the two of them go turkey hunting, even though the sensitive teenager has made it plain that he doesn't want to go. But a life-threatening situation during the hunt, and a secret revealed afterward, result in a life-changing event for both of them.

Even watching this episode back then, I thought that John Jr was a closeted gay (the character, not the actor) and Mary was his beard.

Unlike Percival Dalton who was straight and loved Nellie very much (and later finding out that Steve Tracy was gay).

It wasn't the fact that John Jr didn't want the gun but preferred poetry.  But something really pinged. 

• Love 1

I'm a little late to this but your Afterschool Special reference to Helen Hunt where she flings herself out a plate glass window just made me tee hee like silly. That clip is out on Youtube and is just as freaky as ever.

• Love 2