Type keyword(s) to search

Maura Murray

• Start Topic

Has anyone watched The Disappearance of Maura Murray on Oxygen? I don't see a general thread for it. I found it by accident and almost didn't watch since I know there are a lot of crazy rabbit holes with that case.  But so far, (first few episodes) it has been pretty good.   Certain theories have been brought up, only to get shot down.  It doesn't seem too sensationalized, though maybe that will show up in later episodes.

The show has interviews with the two guys who do the Missing Maura Murray podcast, who have gotten slammed a lot on this and other forums, but they actually come across as somewhat sane on this show.  The fellow who wrote the book about the case seems like a nut, though.

If not for the dogs (I generally trust dogs), I'd say that she died in the woods and they just didn't find her.  I remember a murder case years ago (on Disappeared) where someone was on the side of a road on the phone with her mother when she was attacked.  She was missing for quite a while until someone found her skeleton a mere 30 yards or so away from where she was attacked.  All those law enforcement personnel, searchers, reporters, etc. looking at the area, and no one saw her.  So easy to think that searchers just missed her in the woods, but the lack of footprints and most especially no scent points away from that.  

I think that she got picked up by someone, possibly local.

I really appreciate all of the shots of the area where she disappeared, as it really brings the case to life.

• Love 2

I watched a one off ep about it on one of the Missing or Disappeared or something shows. Really fascinating case. Her behavior before her disappearance was definitely curious. I have no idea what I think happened, which is rare. Usually I have strong opinions on these types of things, but this one has me stumped.

• Love 1

I did love how they debunked so many of the crazy conspiracy theories.  

And while I don't have anything against Maggie, I do think Art is the one who I really appreciate here, and I have a feeling he's pretty much the entire reason that so many people were willing to be interviewed.  Who knew that when you have someone with legitimate experience who are more concerned with the evidence than pet theories, people will start talking?  (LOL)

• Love 1