Type keyword(s) to search

AMC vs SyFy

10kfever

Hmm, I've already confessed I'm not a big fan of the genre, but I fell in love with Z Nation for the characters. Today, I've been watching some Walking Dead, which I'd given up on because I found a bit too much plot and character manipulation by the writers trying to make them fit the story they wanted to tell. Now that Z Nation is falling into the same problem, I thought I'd give TWD a second look. Look at AMC...they're promoting the new season with long marathons, numerous specials and behind the scenes goodies. SyFy? We're lucky to get the previews run a couple of times. I'm not going to compare the two shows, but I'm really disgusted that SyFy doesn't do a decent job of promoting the ZN with the same fervor as AMC does TWD. Just delivering a mini rant.

I think AMC has more to lose if ratings and interest decrease hence the marketing push. Their show and cast is expensive. Marketing has to be up there too. 

One thing I realized. I like rewatching Z-Nation but not TWD. I can't be the only one. 

• Love 1

Yep, I'm diehard ZN, too. Watching some of the TWD marathon, I realized I like it, too. Only character I don't  like is Rick, so that kind of spoils the whole thing for me. But nothing is going to keep me away from ZN, although I'm getting a bit tired Warren's visions.

TWD is too glum for me.  "Everybody dies" is kind of the leitmotif of any zombie story, but on Z Nation more of the extras and oine-shots die than our heroes.  I'm 99.9% certain that Addy is OK and will meet up with the group -- I wouldn't think that on TWD.

Also, from the parts I've seen, Z Nation has a lot more humor than TWD.  Which is vitally needed for prolonged viewing.

10 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Also, from the parts I've seen, Z Nation has a lot more humor than TWD.  Which is vitally needed for prolonged viewing.

Since we have yet to see a giant Walker-covered wheel of cheese roaming the highways of the apocalypse in TWD, Z Nation definitely has more humor.

• Love 4
On 10/22/2017 at 2:42 PM, 51Muses said:

I think AMC has more to lose if ratings and interest decrease hence the marketing push. Their show and cast is expensive. Marketing has to be up there too. 

TWD is second only to Breaking Bad on AMC's list of biggest hits ever, so AMC is definitely gonna milk that cash cow for every cent it's worth - hence the big promotion budget.

One thing I realized. I like rewatching Z-Nation but not TWD. I can't be the only one. 

I like rewatching both, for different reasons:  TWD to spot Easter eggs and plot points I may have missed the first time through, and ZN for the yuks.  :)

Edited by Nashville
Damn autocorrect