Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Vanishing

By the time Warren and the others make it to the refugee camp, Red and Sun Mei have mysteriously vanished along with everyone else. After convincing 10K to give up the search for Red, Murphy and the others decide to head to Numerica with Sarge -- but Warren has her own plan. Driven by her dream, Warren is compelled to head east instead of north.

I like the female soldier (don't know her name) and I think she's a good addition to the crew. 

I'll be glad when we find out what Warren's dreams mean.  I did like her conversation with Doc, giving him hope to keep moving on.

Strangely, Murphy looks kinda hot now that he's not green.  

This was basically "getting the band back together"  episode and I'm perfectly happy with it. Warren's joy at seeing Doc and 10K was awesome. Now they just need to run into Addy and things will be back to normal, well as normal as it gets for this show.

Also there's no way Red and Sun are gone.

Oh since I'm posting here.....i that since Thomas (10K) and Red discussed having kids it's safe for us to assume that 10K has finally had sex (btw the scruff is not a good look on Nat imo)

By next episode the season will be approximately 25% through its run. I think the pace has been entirely too slow. There are still too many questions, too much idleness, and so many plot holes by the writers that I can't help but wonder if they're actually paying attention. I'm asking too often, "Why didn't 'x' do this, it would have been so much smarter?" I've explained a bit of this under the topic of Season 4. As a huge fan, I'm actually feeling bored with the season thus far. I can't imagine what the casual or new viewer might think. Yes, there are moments, but the momentum, story arc impetus, and character interaction are sorely lacking. I'm really bummed by the incredibly slow start to the season. It's as if someone else has taken over the show.

• Love 1

As @madhacker indicated, I'm glad some of the gang is back together.  However, where the hell is Addie ?  Or Red ?  Or Sun Mei ?

Wouldn't it be funny if NewMerica was run by Citizen Z and Kaya ?

Where the hell did Sgt. Lily go to while she and Mueller were out in the woods ?  She vanished like a fart in the wind, leaving Mueller to be bit by the Mad Z.
And where did Burgess disappear to ?

I  loved this summary line by Murphy -- it's a pretty accurate description of the 3 previous seasons.

Murphy: "I mean I have heard that a hundred times before, and every time get there it's some utopian cult freak show blah, blah, blah.  And then by the time we leave, it's on fire."

Doc always has a way with words.
Doc: "Look Murphy I know you've been living like the Pope of Zombietown for the past 2 years, but it's slim pickings out here in the cheap seats ."

I like that Doc figured out that 10K probably shot Addie.

• Love 7

Hmm, I'm probably reading too much into the "clues" but could Warren be the reset? The Founder: "We've met before."

The weird dude was the only one who seemed to react to her, his eyes roving up and down

Lucy notes there's "something different" about her?

There are other little hints, especially from Warren's comments about herself.

Or maybe she's the anti-reset.

<things are very confusing>

• Love 1

I think Warren is the anti-Reset, 10kfever. No one could have have predicted that she would have these visions post coma. 

I like the episodes so far. Yes, the pace is slower, but I think that will work out once viewed through the full season.  Since they're heading straight into zombie hell, I think the action will pick up. 

Unanswered questions keep it interesting and far from predictable. Zona (which I think may be on Catalina Island) as a threat is effectively gone. Murphy is no longer Mr. Hot Potato. The Man is no more. It's a kind of reset show-wise.  The new baddie is the mad scientist and whatever forces he is aligned with. The mission is "Stop the Reset."  The new hope is reaching Newmerica. The group is on the move with a definite purpose.

It sounds to me that Zona was manipulating things on the mainland. The Reset is simply the last phase of a master plan - eliminate the zombies, neutralize the remaining humans and resettle of the land with the "worthy ones."

The mad scientist muttered "We have 6 days ..." to the soldier. Warren had to hear it as she was looking straight at them. So, 6 days to Reset? The clock is ticking louder and louder.  I'm thinking this season is dealing with the Reset. Next season (hopefully) is getting to Newmerica. 

Sun was asleep in the med tent. She woke up and found the camp empty. Does this mean that whatever is happening has no effect on those sleeping? Is it a visual effect? Remember, Burgess was in the closet. He may have seen the others behaving strangely but didn't see the anomaly whatever it is. Will Warren be immune because of her visions? Is this a Zona move to soften up the population before the Reset or to clear the field? What if they're being captured and brought elsewhere to be used post-Reset?

Will Addy stumble onto the Reset plot from a different angle? There has to be a reason she's not with the group. With her link to Lucy, Addy can be found or vice versa. I do want to know how Citizen Z, Kaya, baby, grandma and uncle are faring. I like the touch of Private Lily getting promoted to Sarge Lily. The actress is selling the part well. 

One thing that keeps me hooked is the show's humor. The next episode's trailer at SyFy is funny.

Sarge: Last report showed the mother of all zombie hordes heading towards the Grand Canyon."

TenK and Doc: "We were nowhere near the Grand Canyon..."

• Love 4

Thanks for the voice of reason, 51. You make some excellent points. I, too, want to know what's happening with CZ and his "group"...baby will be over a year old now. Pity we missed so much during those two years, with both groups. Lucy and Addy growing relationship, how Addy lost her eye and where that weird eyepatch came from, 10K's first time with Red (wah-hoo!), and how Doc lost his optimism (or maybe he just can't find any more happy pills), etc. etc. There are so many little thing I want to know about the characters, but so much seems to be getting lost as the writers set the "big" picture. I'll just have to be patient. I'm still irked that so much sloppiness by the writers  has led to some really stupid moves by the characters.

• Love 1

@10kfever, fan fiction is for filling in the blanks. Doc is out of happy pills and no supply of z-weed either. I think of pessimistic Doc as character development. He only has one way to go from here. 

@Piequinn35, with this show, anything is possible. 

The only ones left that have "pure" Murphy blood is TenK (via bite), Warren (via the shared bullet) and Lucy (birth). TenK was also taking the first version of the Murphy vaccine and that helped him recover from Murphy's control. Most of Murphy's people got the version that Murphy came up with himself. The Zona scientists came up with a 3rdr version less Murphy's control function. I have no idea what Warren got aside from the vision thing. Whatever impurities are in Murphy's blood haven't affected Warren or TenK. Hmm, why not? The writers can definitely play around with possibilities. 

• Love 2

The way people just disappeared makes me think "rapture". Are the writers fans of The Leftovers?

Maybe I'm getting zombie-fatigue at this point after watching too many movies and TV shows with zombies, but I'm kind of bored. I don't really care that much about the mystery of what is happening. I still sort of care about the original characters, but that's about it.

Murphy made it clear he didn't even want to go to Newmerica, and yet he was the last to follow Warren in heading in the "wrong direction".

• Love 1