Type keyword(s) to search

Who Died In Season 7

• Start Topic

I think this is everyone. Please let me know if I left someone out.

Lady Olenna Tyrell, the Queen of Shade (This one hurt - pour one out y'all. Her snark will be missed.)
Walder Frey (HA!)
Every Frey who means a damn thing (Why Arya so angry? “Tell them; ‘Winter came for House Frey’”)
Yellow/Orange Dragon (It rained on my face there for a bit)
Lord Petyr Baelish (HA! HA! Grovel, worm!)
Ellaria Sand (I thought the whole Dorne Experience was boring AF, but the last scene with Ellaria was brilliantly acted)
Sand Snakes (meh)
Thoros of Myr (Only the second character to die in his sleep, the first being Maester Aemon. Of course, Thoros died after being attacked by a zombie polar bear.)
Zombie Polar Bear (Freaking terrifying!)
Benjen Stark (Too rushed)
Randall Tarley (meh)
Dickon Tarley (No more name jokes)
Virtually all the remaining Free Folk (I just realized this when writing this list. They are all gone. Maybe Thormund and some women and children lived. Ouch.)
Yara’s Ironborn (meh)
The Ironborn Theon Killed (meh - that was stupid. Why was he still skulking around weeks after saying he was going to rescue Yara?)
Lannister Army (Great action scene IMO!)
Tyrell Army (off-screen)
Zomboni-In-A-Box ("Cersei, turn the crank on the side!")
One White Walker and a bunch of zombonis (We learned that if the one who turned them dies, they all die. Interesting...)
The Wall (It was inevitable. I'm glad it wasn't Bran's fault; that kid is messed up enough as it is.)

• Love 5

Terrific list, WhiteStumbler! One correction: Ellaria Sand isn't dead (yet); Cersei condemned her to watch her daughter die, rot, and turn to dust. She's still somewhere beneath the Red Keep: most likely in Tyrion's old cell, so that Ellaria can lament Oberyn's gallant gesture, where he made it. 

2 hours ago, WhiteStumbler said:

Virtually all the remaining Free Folk (I just realized this when writing this list. They are all gone. Maybe Thormund and some women and children lived. Ouch.)

You're right, and I didn't realize either.  But not all the Free Folk went to East Watch? Only the Free Folk soldiers who survived the Battle of the Bastards?  Did the non-combatants stay in the far North (near South, Tormund would say) -- in or near the towns they once ravaged?  I don't remember.

The Ironborn Theon Killed (meh - that was stupid. Why was he still skulking around weeks after saying he was going to rescue Yara?)

Was it weeks, though? Theon returned to Dragonstone the day Dany was off decimating the Lannister army. I had the feeling time began to fly almost as fast as the characters, after that. 

Yellow/Orange Dragon (It rained on my face there for a bit)

Viserion: Re-Vision; I Riven So. (also: Oven Iris.) I watched the penultimate episode again, leading into the finale. When Dany leaves Dragonstone on Drogon, the angle shifts to some point in the air just off the cliffs, and just below. We see the undersides and wings of each of the three dragons as he takes up and soars up. Somehow I hadn't "seen" that before. An image we'd seen ending seasons, and the last of its kind. 

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Pallas said:

Oberyn's gallant gesture

"I will be your champion". I still get goosebumps. No gallant gesture shall go unpunished. So Ellaria is still technically probably still alive, but as dead to the story as Septa Shameshameshame.

14 hours ago, Pallas said:

Was it weeks, though?

For us it was weeks, I guess for the characters it might not have been. Good point.

I wasn't sure that Viserion was the one that was struck down and zombiefied. I think the name "Viserion" has been used twice in the show. For me there is Drogon and The Other Two.

Edited by WhiteStumbler
  • Love 1
On 2017-08-29 at 3:27 PM, WhiteStumbler said:

I'm feeling really uncomfortable with the Free Folk and the Dothraki ending up being relegated to the Red shirt brigade. They used to be Somebody! Some of them "coulda been a contenda"! (/Marlon Brando voice)

I was going to remark on the 3 Wildlings who didn't live to have a Drogon ride back to Eastwatch, but you mushed them into the bloody red shirt bin.   :-(

Edited by Anothermi
  • Love 4
On 8/31/2017 at 9:03 PM, Anothermi said:

I'm feeling really uncomfortable with the Free Folk and the Dothraki ending up being relegated to the Red shirt brigade.

Why the Dothraki? Are they any more vulnerable than everybody else?

Here it is Sunday and no GoT. Guess I'll just sit in the corner and eat worms.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

The Dothraki were literally front and center in the last episode, they are the reason Dany was finally able to cross the Narrow Sea, and Jamie said bluntly that they were superior fighters and there was no way the Lannister Army could beat them. They're crazy mofos....but that said, I also assume they would make even crazier mofoier zombonies so...best they stay upright and alive for the duration of A Show. I really don't wanna see a hoarde of Dothraki zombonies on Dothraki zomponies because, yanno, A Show is a bitch to horses...It Is Known.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, janjan said:

Why the Dothraki? Are they any more vulnerable than everybody else?

To be a member of the red shirt brigade means to be an anonymous character whose role is to be present anonymously and to die anonymously. Except for Tormund we have no real Free Folk Characters and I'm not sure any of the Dothraki who made it across the Narrow Sea with Dany have names either. If one or two made it, they are not distinct characters, just one of a now expendable group.

I know I said this of one of the Dragons, but that was because I could only recognize Drogon. The other two were expendable. Pallas, thanks again, at least gave Viserion a name and an important historical connection to the story. We shall see if the "other" dragon's fate will also relate to his name sake.

Edited by Anothermi
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Anothermi said:

To be a member of the red shirt brigade means to be an anonymous character whose role is to be present anonymously and to die anonymously.

"Spock, Bones, come with me.  You, Ensign Smith, go over there by yourself and see if there's anything hiding behind that big rock."

Sad but true, Anothermi. The only Dothraki [Is that the plural form? Is the singular Dothrakum?] who has stood out is the apparent captain who remarked to Tyrion that the Lannister men can't fight. But we don't know his name, so he's probably toast.

Is it possible that A Show will end with everyone dead!?! That would be kind of bleak.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, janjan said:

Is it possible that A Show will end with everyone dead!?!

Ugh.

I think even the Iron Bank would realize that there is no way to lend gold to the Army of the Dead. The Golden Company would fight for the living, because the dead don't pay their debts.

There is also another large company of sellswords still in the Cities around the Bay of Dragons (renamed from Slavers Bay by Dany) - I assume they might pitch in.

Everyone we like dead? Sure. Everyone? I don't think any show could be that bleak.

Sunday sucked without my GoT fix. This is going to be a long wait for new content. <sigh>

Edited by WhiteStumbler
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4