Type keyword(s) to search

Can We Do It, Too? Top Chef Cookbooks

Bella
  • Start Topic

Talk about the cookbooks from the show and the chefs here.

Carla Hall just came out with a new cookbook, Carla's Comfort Foods. http://www.amazon.com/Carlas-Comfort-Foods-Favorite-Dishes-ebook/dp/B00DPM7ZKS/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1398861351&sr=1-1&keywords=carla+hall

I'm curious about this one because I liked her first cookbook, Cooking with Love. However, I have so many cookbooks, along with recipes clipped from magazines and saved from online, that I'd have to make a new recipe every night for the rest of my life to get through the ones I'm most interested in. That's not going to happen.

But still, they can be good reads. Anyone buying this one?

I've used mine several times, fliptop.

My favorite - so far - is Howie's pork w/fennel & apple salad.

I will never make Richard's banana scallops, because uf I like them, I might have to give him credit due.

• Love 1

Remember the outdoor dinner they did in the DC season? Kenny Gilbert gave me his sweet and hot eggplant recipe with which he won that round. It is to die for. And I'm not a fan of eggplant. But every time I've served that to friends, they can't stop talking about it.

And Ed Cotton's banana skewer things he did in Singapore. OMG... I could eat them every day. I had to buy black and white sesame seeds, but it was damn worth it. So grateful he gave me the recipe.