Type keyword(s) to search

Oh the Sumptous Food

• Start Topic

I'm looking today for something to watch. On America's Test Kitchen the "Mediterranean Grill" episode they are making Persian style rice with crispy crust. The Shahs never fail to put out an enticing spread of goodies and this is always included. I wish Asa would put out a cookbook. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I'm looking today for something to watch. On America's Test Kitchen the "Mediterranean Grill" episode they are making Persian style rice with crispy crust. The Shahs never fail to put out an enticing spread of goodies and this is always included. I wish Asa would put out a cookbook. 

The part of the rice with a crispy crust is Tadig, other cultures have their version and word for it. With Spanish paella the crust is called Socrat.

I've always said I'd buy a cookbook from Asa.

Edited by Giselle
clarification
  • Love 3

I really wish she would have put out a cookbook. Tho now I'm not as sure as she's gone heavily vegan. I didn't quite catch the name of the sect of veganism she said on the show but I was always a fan of the large tablescapes heavily laden with goodies. Very colorful and pleasing to the eye. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I really wish she would have put out a cookbook. Tho now I'm not as sure as she's gone heavily vegan. I didn't quite catch the name of the sect of veganism she said on the show but I was always a fan of the large tablescapes heavily laden with goodies. Very colorful and pleasing to the eye. 

What mama feasts on and what baby actually eats can be miles apart. I'm sure as the kidlet grows he will become interested in what mama's cooking, then he will see one of her party tables and want to join the nom feast. With as much as she cooks, her love of delicious food and her pride in Persian culture I don't see that kid being Vegan Raw for long nor exclusively.

Soltan can be raised vegan raw but he will have a secret hankering for Flaming Hot Cheetos thanks to Grandma and Uncle Barfy. After finding that out, Asa at some point will introduce him to the nirvana of an In-n-Out Double Double Animal Style.

• Love 2