Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Christmas At Plum Creek

Christmas is coming and everyone is saying that it is a time for secrets and not to ask questions. Laura wants to buy something expensive for her mother and has to come up with a way to pay for it. Mary tries to decide what to make her Pa. Carrie uses her Christmas penny to buy a special present for Baby Jesus. It is a good Christmas!

I noticed on the blu-ray that in one shot there is steam rising off the snow on the ground. It must have been a hot day in Simi Valley when this episode was shot.

I'm assuming this is the episode where Laura exchanges her beloved pony, Bunny, to the meanest kid in Walnut Grove, Nellie, for a stove for Ma. This was on today. I've seen this episode so many times but have never thought about this before:

Pa made wagon wheels for Mr Oleson, in full hopes that in lieu of money, he could get the same stove. Mr Oleson led Pa to believe he was ordering the stove. When he came by with Nellie to get Bunny Christmas morning, nothing was ever said about the money Mr Oleson owed Pa..wonder if he was ever paid, lol!

Laura had Ma help her dye onion skin, what was that for?

Ma & Pa must really hate Mary & Carrie..Mary was given a creepy looking fur that looked like there was still dried blood on the ends and Carrie received a necklace made of drilled wood pieces.