Type keyword(s) to search

Hot Bench - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Plaintiff claims hearing about the plane crash made him afraid to fly, and he claims that's enough to give him a refund.

I disliked the plaintiff. OK, he is freaked out by the fatal accident and decides that he is too frightened to continue flight training. Then go ahead and bail out (no pun intended) from the program but he is still bound by the refund policies that he signed up for. There was some discussion from the defendant that sounded like the plaintiff was getting spotty on the training course before the crash happened (that went by pretty fast) and the plaintiff may have already decided to drop out earlier. The plaintiff lost me for sure when he said that he didn't "remember" signing the contract. Learning to fly is potentially dangerous (so is learning to drive a car). I don't think the plaintiff would work out as a pilot; how would he handle an emergency when he was piloting? Get on his phone and sue somebody?

I agree with our friend crazy that Juarez doesn't understand high cost, potentially dangerous, specialized and highly demanding training processes.

Edited by DoctorK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Boom Crash the Sound of My Car

I'm the archives here, but these two were so shady! Def. who seems to have started drinking at 10:00 a.m. was driving no faster than 20 or maybe 35mph, yet hit P's car so hard that both were totaled. The mysterious red car that hit her was nowhere to be found.

Was she fighting with the cops? I think so. She was not arrested! She was merely put in handcuffs and tossed in the back of a cop car.

Slacker P was hilarious. His 17-year-old Chrysler was, like, worth way more than the book value because he had done... things to it.  Def's ins pays him 5k, but that's not enough. He lost his part-time, minimum-wage job at the drug store but first, he, like, took Ubers there and home every day, which cost him, like, $300 $600, nay - $800! He tried to walk there or maybe even take a bus, but then he realized there was no point trying to get there on time, so he said to hell with it and stopped going. *shrug* I mean, like - a bus? I don't think so!

I loved how in the deliberations, Judge T was rightfully outraged at the other two wanting to give the P $300 for the Ubers, just because. He had not a single shred of evidence that he ever took an Uber. He got his tow and impound fees - $600, not the 5K lottery he was gunning for.

I find the plaintiff's claim of giving a good review in trade for a refund to be despicable, and extortion.

This is why we must take reviews with a grain of salt. His bad opinion of the whole outfit could turn into a good opinion for money.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, DoctorK said:

There was some discussion from the defendant that sounded like the plaintiff was getting spotty on the training course before the crash happened (that went by pretty fast) and the plaintiff may have already decided to drop out earlier.

I thought so too. All he needed was a medical certificate and if his trauma was so severe surely he could have gotten one easily. But he decided there was "no point" in seeing a doctor.

I didn't like him either. He was obnoxious.

16 hours ago, DoctorK said:

I don't think the plaintiff would work out as a pilot; how would he handle an emergency when he was piloting?

By freaking out and screaming, "We're all gonna DIE!"?

But seriously, I saw a few YT video recreations of plane crashes. The pilots who stay professional, calm, and collected during emergencies are beyond admirable and their cool is sometimes almost beyond belief. Much respect for them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

I thought so too. All he needed was a medical certificate and if his trauma was so severe surely he could have gotten one easily. But he decided there was "no point" in seeing a doctor.

I didn't like him either. He was obnoxious.

By freaking out and screaming, "We're all gonna DIE!"?

But seriously, I saw a few YT video recreations of plane crashes. The pilots who stay professional, calm, and collected during emergencies are beyond admirable and their cool is sometimes almost beyond belief. Much respect for them.

I used to work at a place that trained pilots.   Some washed out because they couldn't handle regular flight operations, let alone emergencies. 

Including one who washed out three times, the third time he was landing the aircraft, and threw his hands up yelling "This is too hard".  Yes, he took his hands off of the controls.  Fortunately the instructor pilot grabbed the contols and saved the landing, so three people weren't killed.     The funny thing is he claimed he was still a flight student, and he wasn't.   The other students shut that down very quickly, and bluntly. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3

17 September

Godmother May I”

New, Season 11, Episode  7

(Latanya  Jackson and Jsane Tyler vs. Kieonna Carter )

From the show site: A mother spends thousands of dollars on a spa-themed birthday party for her 6-year-old, but the party planner backs out suddenly, saying the godmother hijacked the event from her.

Plaintiffs /mother Latanya Jackson and godmother Jsane Tyler suing defendant/party planner Kieonna Carter for canceling the 6-year-old’s party.   Defendant says godmother took over everything, leaving defendant with no choice but to quit.   Plaintiffs suing for $3535, and defendant counter suing for $600.   The party was an outdoor spa day, making bath bombs, facials, nail station for mani / pedis, etc. for a group of 6 year-olds.   

Then, right before the party defendant cancelled, and she said godmother was interfering with everything.  Plaintiff mother wanted t-shirts, water bottles, potato chip bags, and everything with daughter Celebrity's face on it.   Defendant says only $500 was left of the deposits plaintiff mother paid.  Party happened, and was a success.  The juice boxes, and potato chip bags are shown.   Plaintiff paid almost $2,000 more to finish the party.  

Defendant says at the last meeting the godmother Tyler, changed everything. Tyler claims she has extensive party planning experience, and she thought everything costs way too much.   Tyler claims Carter went behind her back, and demanded more money from Jackson.   Money included all of the supplies for the party, gift bags, set up and clean up.   Jackson wanted the items that had been purchased, anything that was specific to the Jackson's party, and not reusable, was given to Jackson.   Things that weren't labeled and Carter could reuse she kept.    

My view is everything would have been great, until Tyler butted in and took over everything.     I can see why the branding from defendant wouldn't be appropriate to put on the party favors.   Defendant also says the plaintiff hadn't paid in full.   

Defendant wanted everything for the party, and didn't want to pay everything still owing.   Defendant says plaintiff wanted to meet at the police station, and wanted everything for the party, including all of the party supplies, and wanted $2,000 back also.    

Juarez takes the plaintiff's side.  Defendant countersuit dismissed. 

Plaintiff gets $2,000 for what she gave the defendant.  

You’ve Lost Your Trucking Mind”

Rerun, Season 10, Episode  126

p. 47, 17 April 2024

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Thanks 2

A mother spends thousands of dollars on a spa-themed birthday party for her 6-year-old,

I recorded this one and started to watch the case. They lost me when I heard about the humongous birthday party for a six year old daughter which was necessary because the daughter was so traumatized because when she was one year old her birthday party wasn't fabulous. A plaintiff with blue lipstick and dark glasses didn't help my impression of the plaintiffs. Because I ff'd, did anyone ask her why she was wearing dark glasses? If there is a medical reason, OK, otherwise it is posturing and not allowing the judge or judges to watch the body language of the eyes. I feel comfortable that I haven't missed much from this case.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

18 September

Sans Francisco

New, Season 11, Episode 

(Christian Mills  vs. Rowan Henson)    

From the show site: A group of young men planned a San Francisco trip to commemorate their friend's passing, but, the day before, the plaintiff received a photo of his friends on the train en route; he wants his money back.

Plaintiff Christian Mills suing defendant/ former friend Rowan Henson  for San Francisco trip plaintiff was invited to go on, and paid for his part on the hotel, that defendants went on and left plaintiff out.    Trip was to commemorate their mutual friend’s passing.     Plaintiff suing for $300 , for four days of hotel fees. 

Defendant witness Xander  also went on the trip.  Xander's testimony is disjointed, and makes no sense.  He also sasses Judge Juarez, and then cuts her off.  Xander admits to a few concussions, I think he's under estimating the number. 

After the trip was planned, and reservations made for hotel, and train tickets purchased.     Then, defendant  added Rowan's girlfriend, and there were a couple of others going on the trip too.  Defendant's left a day before plaintiff was told the trip was planned for.  Hansen called the hotel to change the dates to the earlier day, but hotel wouldn't change the dates.   There is nothing in the group chat about the date change, or the hotel issue.  

Henson claims he told everyone on the group chat that the girlfriend was coming along, but he didn't. He also didn't mention the date change to plaintiff either.  Even Corriero can't make excuses for defendant and Xander.  Note to Xander, 14 November wasn't a Sunday. 

Plaintiff receives $300.   Rowan and Xander lose, and really deserve to.  

““Where Did My Van Gough? ; The Two Al-Exes

Rerun, Season 10, Episode  125

p. 47, 16 April 2024

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Rowan and Xander lose, and really deserve to.  

Wow. Those two looked like hard-core gamers, who spent the last 6 months in a basement, gaming, and finally emerged, gray-faced, blinking, and dazed, carrying the aroma of stale pizza and sweat into the world of air and sun.

Xander admits to a few concussions, I think he's under estimating the number. 

He starts his speech with, "I feel it is not reductive to give room to speak." Well. Okay. I wish the judges had asked how he got all these concussions but I think I can guess.

The Two Al-Exes

I am so sick of seeing this over and over: Pathetic women pick up some losers, online usually, move them in, immediately co-sign for cars and phones, open credit cards, take out loans, pay for their rotten teeth, and generally fund their lives. I want to shake them until what few brains they have rattle.

Alexandra was deeply moved and inspired by some podcast or something of the def's, so she hooks up with Mr. Contraras. He needs to fix or buy some race car and she's only too happy to take out a new credit card for him since it seems he, a grown man, has no credit and can't pay for his own shit.  They were soulmates!

The best, or worst part, is that Mr. Contraras, a muttering, brokeass, no-credit, homely porker is also a secret Lothario who has a STRING of "girls" who give him money. Whatever he has that drives women mad with desire and eagerness to throw money at him is truly well hidden.

Women? WTF is going on??

23 hours ago, DoctorK said:

the daughter was so traumatized because when she was one year old her birthday party wasn't fabulous.

I skipped this. I cannot deal anymore with smother/dragon mommies throwing hotel parties, with limos and red carpets for 10-year-olds, getting celebrity designers to whip up 1K gowns for high school dances, or whackadoodles spending fortunes they usually don't have (I recall one Momma who didn't pay her rent because what little money she had went to the prom getup) to impress everyone at an infant's B-day party.

• Applause 1

Xander admits to a few concussions

Maybe his brain is scrambled, but I also think that it is possible that he is an arrogant asshole who uses fancy words (which he doesn't know the meaning of) to impress people. Maybe a bit of both.

28 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Those two looked like hard-core gamers, who spent the last 6 months in a basement, gaming,

I got the same vibe from them and wonder if the basement was in someone's mother's house. I was shocked that one of them actually has a girl friend.

• Applause 1