Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Family Affair

• Start Topic

Two weeks into the King Crab season the fleet is already behind due to the government shutdown and, now, a massive Arctic storm. A harrowing Coast Guard airlift must abort as 100-knot winds whip over the fishing grounds.

Edited by stacey
Date test

Boy, did I love this ep.  Old school.

Once again, we see how Bill reacts when his crew gives him their all.  No attitude from them.  No excuses.  No blaming.  Just real guts.  Didja see how much he cared that the crab weren't there?  But boy, did he care about how his crew was responding.  How great was it to see the greenhorn respond with such character?  That is what it is all about.  

We saw this on the T/B, too.  Family, or not, you do the job.  You go further than you think you can.  You put it on the freaking line.  Or, you go home.  

Lots of schadenfreude for me seeing Elliott have to eat his boasts and watching Junior go through more travail with almost no reward.   Tough on their crews, though.

We saw Jake being assigned another lousy job and we didn't see any issues.  The man did his job without complaint.  Excellent.

When I saw that storm months ago on the weather maps, I knew it would make for some darn compelling DC.  I wondered which captains might risk more than the others.  It seems they all reached their limit at about the same point.  Of course, that could just be the edit monkeys at work.

• Love 6
Lots of schadenfreude for me seeing Elliott have to eat his boasts and watching Junior go through more travail with almost no reward.   Tough on their crews, though.

Normally I like to FF through the Saga saga after I get the gist of whatever Elliott is up to, but I stuck with the entire segment of him eating crow.