Type keyword(s) to search

The Gong Show (2017) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Phishbulb said:

Or indeed the shadow puppet guy, what he did took actual talent.

It reminded me a lot of that stupid chicken act and that walrus act.  I have no problem with silly acts being on the show; that's what The Gong Show is about, but seeing these kinds of gong worthy acts take the lead over sincerely impressive acts angers me enough almost to the point of cancelling this off my DVR.

• Love 1

The walrus/bird/butterfly guy was on again, this time as a bunny. He must be a friend of the production just to keep having a few really dumb acts in the mix. 

Ken Jeong seems a bit full of himself lately. Almost like this type of humor is below him even though his own breakout was jumping out of a trunk buck naked. Adam DeVine on the other hand seemed to be having a blast. 

Looks like this was the season finale. Hope we get more Gong Show.

• Love 1

I didn't realize this until after I saw Bohemian Rhapsody, but in that movie Mike Meyers played the band's first record exec (can't remember which title the guy had) and who got into a fight with Queen and passed on them.  He was in so much makeup and in so many prosthetics I didn't recognize him, and it reminded me of his being made up as the hot for the Gong Show. 

(edited)
21 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I wonder if the Gong Show will be back this summer?

I don't think so, but I still haven't found any confirmation that's it's been cancelled, or renewed for that matter. 

Edited by Superclam
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

I don't think so, but I haven't found any confirmation that's it's been cancelled, or renewed for that matter. 

I think Mike Myers is working on a sketch comedy show for Netflix, so that might have conflicted with him doing another season of this.