Type keyword(s) to search

Good Omens - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Neil Gaiman confirms that season 3 starts shooting in January

Neil Gaiman (Good Omens, Lucifer): “I sort or remember somewhere in 2019, I remember looking around and saying, ‘This is a gold rush. We’re in a boom town. And I’m not sure how long this thing is sustainable.’ And I was thrilled to have been able to, you know, to help get Sandman set up during the boom and stuff like that. Right now, the boom is over, the gold rush has finished. And I think people are starting to go, ‘OK, how do we make money out of television again?’ And that is going to change things. That being said, you know, Dead Boy Detectives comes out in 10 days. I’ve seen half of Sandman Season 2, and it’s astonishing. I’m writing Good Omens Season 3, and we start shooting that in January. So I’m making stuff. And I’m definitely feeling that, OK, the ship is still sailing. But the boom is over. I think the boom would have been over anyway. I feel like the strike, you know, our strike and the actors strike in a lot of cases became an excuse for the streamers in particular, to just go, ‘Oh, we actually bought more than we will ever need. And maybe we can let some of the stuff go.’ And maybe we can, you know, so I think that happened as well. They’re trying to reinvent television right now. And I don’t know what it’s gonna be like, five years from now. But I do know that a writer who can come up with stories, who has a great story that people will care about, will have a job, and that’s the important thing and especially for the young ones.”

• Like 3