Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E23: The Drama in the Queen

The Jeffersonian team investigates the death of Brian Thomas, the head swim coach at a community college, whose remains were found dumped at the bottom of a well. When possible suspects tell Brennan and Sweets that Brian may have been having an affair, the team digs a little deeper only to find details of Brian's secret life. Meanwhile, Sweets fills in for Booth in the investigation while Booth prepares to testify before a Congressional sub-committee and the Jeffersonian team gets a new intern (guest star Laura Spencer) who catches Sweets' attention.
(edited)

Wow.  I hate that intern. Flames on the side of my face type hate.  Like way more than I ever hated Daisy.  Yes bitch, there is red tape because you are assisting in a federal investigation that will most likely end in a court room.  

Edited by gik910
  • Love 5

I feel like we're supposed to find the new intern's confidence makes her a Junior Bones, but all it really does is annoy the crap out of me. Even if you are smart, how about being humble or just not being a braggy asshole at your new job? You are an intern. If you want a job afterward (whether it's at the Jeffersonian or elsewhere), you shouldn't be annoying everyone within earshot with your tales of how amazing you are.

As soon as I saw we had a new intern, I just KNEW she was supposed to hook up with Sweets. I hate when the show is that predictable. I also hated Angela blatantly telling him to go for it because the new intern is fun. How is she fun in any way? Besides, don't we still have more than enough interns?

(edited)

I feel like we're supposed to find the new intern's confidence makes her a Junior Bones, but all it really does is annoy the crap out of me. Even if you are smart, how about being humble or just not being a braggy asshole at your new job?

Even Dr. Brennan knows when to be professional, hell, being all professional and analytical even when she probably shouldn't is a big part of her character. However, with the new intern she's not only unprofessional but dismissive of the very system she works for, has an arrogant streak that makes even Brennan at her worst look humble, and even seems to show outright contempt for the rules and procedures she has to follow. Just about every other intern makes a better "Junior Bones" than Warren does. Warren seems more like some random chick that broke into the Jeffersonian and is trying to pass herself off as a forensic scientist rather than anyone that has anything resembling a respect for science and the career she's chosen. Even Daisy was better than Warren and when you make a character like Daisy look good that's not hitting rock bottom, that's drilling straight to the earth's core.

And of course, Sweets has to hook up with her. As one of the main characters of course he has to bed one of the interns instead of having a relationship outside the team or just not having one at all like a real human being might. Hell, I'd bet money that Warren exists solely so that she can be shipped with Sweets.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 1
(edited)

In ways the new intern is a lot like Angela was. Wild and quirky.

Booth studying for a court date. So Sweets had to carry his investigation. Funny how he tried to get Cam to wear booties at the crime scene. Surprised Sweets didn't know how they run a crime scene.

The scene of the Mommy Terry Blake, trying to get the Daughter Molly, to go stand in the well water and they call for help was strange. But again wouldn't you see the bones in the bottom before you dropped in on them??? Then the daughter dropping the safety ladder in the drink was funny. But who called for help? Mom have her cell on her must be? Couldn't Mom be charged or warned about something on that?

The hard of hearing boy at the pool, Quentin Marks made me think he would have something to do with it. But so did the girl Jillian Rice, in the students 3 person group that didn't say much. Like she had loved the Coach Brian Thomas, and found he had an affair with Coach Gabby Morrell or something. But even Avery Parrish could have been. I was surprised all the shooting in the pool. I did catch the bullet that hit the lane marker. But Quentin lost more then his scholarship. Not very smart. Oh I liked Coach Thomas, sure you did. Felt real bad for Lyla Thomas she never knew about hubbies 2nd life. Better then an affair I think. But a real shocker anyway. Funny when Booth asked Joe Rizzo after they found out he had a fight with "Jenni", Brian Thomas's alias. "He is the type that don't like being beat by a girl!" lol.

I figured Sweets would fall for new Squint Jessica Warren, sooner or later. She seemed hot on Hodgens(Curley), too. Cam didn't like her way of doing things. But she wasn't doing anything different then Hodgens and other Squints have done. She also reminds me a little of Daisy. My wife couldn't believe they were in bed that first day. I said at least it wasn't at work in his office like Daisy did. But Cam caught her talking sex. elling her,"This is a lab,not speed dating!" Surprised with Hodgens and Angela she hasn't heard it all before. Also the lines, Brennen said to Miss Warren, "You should knock Miss Warren!" She replied all excited, "I will do it later!" She is smart, but out spoken.

The Drag Queen thing threw me off. But looking at the episode name, I should have known. The one interviewed girl, maybe Kimmy Moore was the one that told Booth how nice he would look made up, Surprised Bones didn't agree with her. He said that he was all man.

Edited by webruce