Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A Sneak Peek At The Back Half Of Nashville's Fifth Season

Looking forward to June. :)

Not looking forward to the Baby Daddy Drama. I mean seriously, I/everyone predicted Scarlett would be pregnant this season if the show returned. But why must they add a level of unnecessary drama. We already saw that drama play out with Juliette when she didn't know who the father is. Which makes me wonder if they will make it the Directors, so that it can always be there as a source of drama. But we already saw that play out with Gunnar. I'm tired of these repetitive story beats, I thought the new showrunners would bring in something new. Honestly, my bet is that Scarlett is going to lose the baby (irregardless of paternity) and that is where they are going to mine the new drama from. Which as sad as that might be to watch, I actually think it might be realistic and touching. Losing a baby is something people can relate to. It's also something that really hasn't been covered on the show. We have seen Baby Daddy Drama for a variety of characters since the pilot, it's been played out.

Excited to have Juliette back and fighting for her career again.

Deacon, well I hope it works out. I love Deacon the Dad. I'm okay with Deacon the business mogul. But I really love Deacon the Musician. I want to see him focus on his girls and music. I want Highway 65 to be successful and I want him part of that success, but I don't want to see him spending majority of time behind a desk. Charles Esten can sing & play, he doesn't need a business plot line to give him something to do on the show.

I guess they couldn't help themselves with Clay. Although, I hope it is done well. I don't mind Clay, I think his story is interesting. I just hate the romantic storyline with Maddie because of the age difference. I know she is emancipated, but I don't think that changes the facts that she is still only 17 (and a young 17). If they dropped that, I would be so happy.

• Love 2
On 4/11/2017 at 1:29 PM, kismet said:

Looking forward to June. :)

Not looking forward to the Baby Daddy Drama. I mean seriously, I/everyone predicted Scarlett would be pregnant this season if the show returned. But why must they add a level of unnecessary drama. We already saw that drama play out with Juliette when she didn't know who the father is. Which makes me wonder if they will make it the Directors, so that it can always be there as a source of drama. But we already saw that play out with Gunnar. I'm tired of these repetitive story beats, I thought the new showrunners would bring in something new. Honestly, my bet is that Scarlett is going to lose the baby (irregardless of paternity) and that is where they are going to mine the new drama from. Which as sad as that might be to watch, I actually think it might be realistic and touching. Losing a baby is something people can relate to. It's also something that really hasn't been covered on the show. We have seen Baby Daddy Drama for a variety of characters since the pilot, it's been played out.

Excited to have Juliette back and fighting for her career again.

Deacon, well I hope it works out. I love Deacon the Dad. I'm okay with Deacon the business mogul. But I really love Deacon the Musician. I want to see him focus on his girls and music. I want Highway 65 to be successful and I want him part of that success, but I don't want to see him spending majority of time behind a desk. Charles Esten can sing & play, he doesn't need a business plot line to give him something to do on the show.

I guess they couldn't help themselves with Clay. Although, I hope it is done well. I don't mind Clay, I think his story is interesting. I just hate the romantic storyline with Maddie because of the age difference. I know she is emancipated, but I don't think that changes the facts that she is still only 17 (and a young 17). If they dropped that, I would be so happy.

I agree with all of this except for your Clay/Maddie opinion. And only because I'm shallow, they would make beautiful babies together who would also be talented as hell. And the age difference doesn't bother me since my first serious boyfriend was about the same age as Clay and I was Maddies age when we dated. True I was a bit more mature, but my mother didn't have any issues with it or him. He was a really great guy so that may have had a lot to do with it. 

I think maybe the actor who plays Clay is gone, so it may end up as a moot point.  I'm surprised there was really nothing about the two new characters, but then I guess, since we know nothing about them yet, that's why.

I'm okay with Deacon the business mogul, but I'd be okay if they downplayed that altogether.  The business end has never been my favorite part of the show, all the way back to the beginning.  Rayna trying to make Highway 65 work was not so interesting to me, although it would be ironic if Deacon can do it where she couldn't.  We'll see.  I would love to see more of Deacon the musician.  That was who he was in the beginning and I think that's his sweet spot.  And I do want to see him be successful as a single father.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more Juliette.  I've missed her, although I understood why she took more of a back seat, but I want her to be front and center now that Rayna's gone.

• Love 2

I'm hoping that Deacon only stays heavily involved in the business while Rayna's music is being released. He should be doing what he likes, writing and playing music.  He did things Rayna's way when she was here, don't saddle the man with having to carry out Rayna's dreams now that she's gone.  I hope they write him living his life.  But we'll see.

So instead of cutting back on Maddie, they're going to have Deacon trying to make her career, & they're giving her a BLM storyline? Hey show, did you see how well that worked out for Kendall Jenner?