Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Persian Party

Following AthenaX's explosive art exhibition, Nicole agrees to meet AthenaX for a drink but walks into an ambush. Matty plans a decadent Persian New Year party for the girls in the hopes of reconciliation, but once again things reach boiling point and a personal confession from AthenaX leaves the group speechless.

Well Athena X is slightly less reprehensible now, but she really needs a good therapist.  Matty was somewhat the voice of reason tonight, and her party looked lovely.  Lisa Oldfield is still the only one I give two shits about, and Chewbacca, Chewbacca's Cousin (Cousin It?) and Victoria all suck.  Oh, and then there's the pot plant.

This cast is a disaster.

• Love 1

I dont'agree, @strongoxman... In my opinion, it's not because you've been treated badly and abused (not sure that's the correct word, my English is not so good, lol) as a child that you're allowed to treat people like you've been treated... You know it hurts, so WHY hurting people in revenge ? it never will makes you feel better, but only bitter. But yes, she really needs a good psychiatrist and a looooong therapy.

(I'm not judgemental, it really is only my opinion, and not The Truth, if you see what I mean)

• Love 2

@Diane Mars I'm not sure where we disagree--I still think Athena X is awful for her behavior.  Now we know that she's a very damaged person, which makes her slightly less horrible, though still definitely in need of taking responsibility for herself and getting some help.  IMO, she can't use her childhood as an excuse for bad behavior, though the bad behavior is now less inexplicable.

• Love 2

Though I can understand lashing out as a defense mechanism (get them before they get you), I don't condone or excuse AthenaX's behavior.  It sounds like her childhood was horrible, but plenty of people have terrible childhoods and don't use those experiences to excuse continuing the cycle.  

Sober!Lisa is less crazy…like Matty, I'm not sure I prefer her like this.  Why was Brunette #2 (can't remember her name) outing Victoria's business?  I don't like Victoria, but I was offended on her behalf.  I don't understand why she couldn't make her point without using Victoria as an example.  

• Love 2

I feel sorry for Athena for her horrible childhood.... but I don't think that gives her license to be an asshole. I'm sure she learnt bad behaviours as a child, but she's all grown up now and should now know how to conduct herself. Can't stand her.