Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Our final three!

15. Richard tells Emily to sit still at the graduation. He tells Lorelai he will take the pictures. "Lorelai, I will note the time. I will take the photo. You just sit there and enjoy your daughter’s graduation from Yale. This is as much your moment as Rory’s. Enjoy it." (Unto the Breach)
16. Last FND for a while. Rory got the job. They will definitely stay for after-dinner drinks. "Hear. Hear." (Bon Voyage)
17. Richard tells Lorelai that the Bon Voyage party is as much for her as it is for Rory. (Bon Voyage)

Awww...more unanimity and harmony! 16 is history, and we're down to our final two:

15. Richard tells Emily to sit still at the graduation. He tells Lorelai he will take the pictures. "Lorelai, I will note the time. I will take the photo. You just sit there and enjoy your daughter’s graduation from Yale. This is as much your moment as Rory’s. Enjoy it." (Unto the Breach)
17. Richard tells Lorelai that the Bon Voyage party is as much for her as it is for Rory. (Bon Voyage)

--After this, we can have a battle among the top three moments from each season, provided you guys are up for it! 

Yeah, it's funny, because I was utterly meh on most of these---but LOVE the final two to the point where it pains me to pick one over the other! 

I'll obediently follow the group and vote to eliminate 17. And, yes, if you guys jumped off a bridge, I'd probably do it too ;) 

• Love 2

Our winner!

Is everyone up for now voting on our top four winners from each round?

• Love 1

1. "I'm an autumn!" (Richard's realization at Rory's birthday party!)
2. Seeing how upset Emily is, a hospitalized Richard gently says "Yes Emily. You may go first." (Forgiveness and Stuff)
3. Richard defends Lorelai when Straub insults her (Christopher Returns)
4. Richard is quietly complicit in helping Lorelai sneak away from the painfully boring date Emily sprung on her (Star Crossed Lovers)

5. Richard gets playful and frisky with Emily during the carriage ride (Bracebridge)
6. Richard and Emily display a moment of pure pride as Lorelai crosses the stage to get her diploma (Lorelai's Graduation Day)
7. Richard admitting his new secretary is no "Margie", even though he really means she is no Lorelai  (Help Wanted)
8. Richard is worried about the fight he had with Rory. It was their first one and he did not care for it. -Hammers and Veils
9. Richard tells Rory and Lorelai how he was engaged to Pennilyn Lott but once he saw Emily in the blue dress he had no choice. (Let the Games Begin)
10. Richard tells the story of how he proposed to Emily. (Let the Games Begin)
11. Richard and Emily look on proudly as Rory calls them her twin pillars at her graduation (Those Are Strings, Pinnochio)
12. Richard serves Johnny Machete to the girls at FND. Plus they are super excited that Rory chose Yale. (Happy Birthday, Baby)
13. Richard telling his Naked Guy story to both one-up Marty and put him at ease at the same time.
14. Richard breaks down after his mother's death (The Reigning Lorelai)
15. Richard tells Emily they shouldn't keep Trix's ashes above the mantle (TRL)
16. Richard happily runs off to sing with the Whiffenpoofs at Yale (TKBNO)
17. Emily tell Richard that she is going to Europe and having two glasses of wine at lunch."Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch" She is clearly not the woman that he married.(Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)
18. Richard helps Rory play a joke on Logan by pretending he has arranged for them to be married (Not as Cute as Pushkin)
19. Richard's speech to Emily at their vow renewal ceremony "Just for tonight, you can call me Bill." (Wedding Bell Blues)
20. Richard's doesn't want to go back to the pool house. Emily tells him to come home (Come Home)
21. Richard returns the dollhouse. Now he agrees that Rory was wrong to quit Yale. Lorelai reminded him that they had had a plan. (21 is the Lonliest Number)
22. Richard tells Lorelai that he cleared the path for Rory to walk away from her goals. He bought her the 'sex mattress and sex boxstring' (21)
23. The big FND argument and hashing out all their problems. (Friday Night's Alright for Fighting)
24. At FND they try to have a civil convo on what they can and can not talk about but eventually all Richard can say is, I love shrimp! (You've Been Gilmored)

25. Richard and Emily sing at Rory's party. "You're the top you have graduated. You're the top, your grandparents are elated."(Unto the Breach)
26. Richard tells Emily to sit still at the graduation. He tells Lorelai he will take the pictures. "Lorelai, I will note the time. I will take the photo. You just sit there and enjoy your daughter’s graduation from Yale. This is as much your moment as Rory’s. Enjoy it." (Unto the Breach)
27. Last FND for a while. Rory got the job. They will definitely stay for after-dinner drinks. "Hear. Hear." (Bon Voyage)
28. Richard tells Lorelai that the Bon Voyage party is as much for her as it is for Rory. (Bon Voyage)

Welcome to the battle of the top four Richard moments from each season. Just vote for the three you most want to eliminate! 

13, 22 and 24 are gone, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three:

2. Seeing how upset Emily is, a hospitalized Richard gently says "Yes Emily. You may go first." (Forgiveness and Stuff)
3. Richard defends Lorelai when Straub insults her (Christopher Returns)
4. Richard is quietly complicit in helping Lorelai sneak away from the painfully boring date Emily sprung on her (Star Crossed Lovers)
5. Richard gets playful and frisky with Emily during the carriage ride (Bracebridge)
6. Richard and Emily display a moment of pure pride as Lorelai crosses the stage to get her diploma (Lorelai's Graduation Day)
7. Richard admitting his new secretary is no "Margie", even though he really means she is no Lorelai  (Help Wanted)
8. Richard is worried about the fight he had with Rory. It was their first one and he did not care for it. -Hammers and Veils
9. Richard tells Rory and Lorelai how he was engaged to Pennilyn Lott but once he saw Emily in the blue dress he had no choice. (Let the Games Begin)
11. Richard and Emily look on proudly as Rory calls them her twin pillars at her graduation (Those Are Strings, Pinnochio)
12. Richard serves Johnny Machete to the girls at FND. Plus they are super excited that Rory chose Yale. (Happy Birthday, Baby)
17. Emily tell Richard that she is going to Europe and having two glasses of wine at lunch."Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch" She is clearly not the woman that he married.(Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)
18. Richard helps Rory play a joke on Logan by pretending he has arranged for them to be married (Not as Cute as Pushkin)
19. Richard's speech to Emily at their vow renewal ceremony "Just for tonight, you can call me Bill." (Wedding Bell Blues)
20. Richard's doesn't want to go back to the pool house. Emily tells him to come home (Come Home)
21. Richard returns the dollhouse. Now he agrees that Rory was wrong to quit Yale. Lorelai reminded him that they had had a plan. (21 is the Lonliest Number)
23. The big FND argument and hashing out all their problems. (Friday Night's Alright for Fighting)
25. Richard and Emily sing at Rory's party. "You're the top you have graduated. You're the top, your grandparents are elated."(Unto the Breach)
26. Richard tells Emily to sit still at the graduation. He tells Lorelai he will take the pictures. "Lorelai, I will note the time. I will take the photo. You just sit there and enjoy your daughter’s graduation from Yale. This is as much your moment as Rory’s. Enjoy it." (Unto the Breach)
27. Last FND for a while. Rory got the job. They will definitely stay for after-dinner drinks. "Hear. Hear." (Bon Voyage)
28. Richard tells Lorelai that the Bon Voyage party is as much for her as it is for Rory. (Bon Voyage)

(edited)

I'll go with 3, 25 and 27 as well, so those three are eliminated. The next round is open! We're still voting against three... :) 

21. Richard returns the dollhouse. Now he agrees that Rory was wrong to quit Yale. Lorelai reminded him that they had had a plan. (21 is the Loneliest Number)

My votes: 8, 21 and 23 

Edited by amensisterfriend

8, 16 and 21 are gone, and the next round is open! This is the last time we'll vote against three... 

Thanks for jumping in so quickly, Kohola! The next round is now open, and we're down to voting against just two.