Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

MsT is still serving jury duty, so I'm updating for now.

14 and 18 were our clear losers this round, with three votes each.

1. Richard telling his Naked Guy story to both one-up Marty and put him at ease at the same time.
4. The full size verses king size candy bar debate- (An Affair to Remember)
7. Richard tell the girls about the Atlantic City trip. he gives them mini roulette tables (Die, Jerk!)
8. Richard walks around with his laptop. He's wireless now. He gets Emily to invite Jason to dinner. They talk about restaurants.(Die, Jerk!)
9. Richard breaks down after his mother's death (The Reigning Lorelai)
10. Richard tells Emily they shouldn't keep Trix's ashes above the mantle (TRL)
12. Richard happily runs off to sing with the Whiffenpoofs at Yale (TKBNO)
13. Richard and Emily spell out the plan to pretend that Marjorie's husband is attending the charity banquet (Nag Hammadi)
17. Richard tells Lorelai it is culs de sac. Offers her marzipan bunnies. (Nanny and the Professor)

Let's still vote against two.

My votes - 4, 13

Edited by Taryn74

So yeah, I kinda suck at this LOL.  Here's the results of the last round -

13 and 17 are out with three votes apiece!

1. Richard telling his Naked Guy story to both one-up Marty and put him at ease at the same time.
4. The full size verses king size candy bar debate- (An Affair to Remember)
7. Richard tell the girls about the Atlantic City trip. he gives them mini roulette tables (Die, Jerk!)
8. Richard walks around with his laptop. He's wireless now. He gets Emily to invite Jason to dinner. They talk about restaurants.(Die, Jerk!)

I think maybe one more round of voting against two.  Especially since I can't seem to remember I'm supposed to be updating, heh.

My votes - 4 and 7

Well 4 and 7 seem to be the clear winners!  Losers, that is.  Whatever.

I think we can vote against just one now.  I vote 8.

Again with a clear winner!  8 is outta here.

My vote - 12.

So I think 12 is gonna get it, LOL.

I'll vote for 1 now, with the caveat that I like this moment more for Richard and Marty's brief "relationship" than anything.  It was nice to see that Richard could be pleasant - jovial even - toward someone that wasn't of the hoity-toity set.

1 it is!

The Reigning Richard Moments!

9, because even though 10 is a much smaller moment, I thought it was beautiful that Richard "heard" Emily and understood that she didn't want to keep Trix's ashes around, even though she never actually told him that.

So, should we start our list for next season's best moments? I have two to add!

1. Richard helps Rory play a joke on Logan by pretending he has arranged for them to be married (Not as Cute as Pushkin)

2. Richard's speech to Emily at their vow renewal ceremony "Just for tonight, you can call me Bill." (Wedding Bell Blues)

I'm thrilled to announce that this was Richard's best moment for Season 4:

Richard tells Emily they shouldn't keep Trix's ashes above the mantle (TRL)

It's understated and simple, but very sweet and profound in it's own way.

Go ahead and start listing more S5 moments, but I'll wait until MsT is back and can take over again.  :)

(edited)

Emily tell Richard that she is going to Europe and having two glasses of wine at lunch."Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch" She is clearly not the woman that he married.(Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)

Richard explains to Lorelai and Rory who Robert is. Is he a butler, a valet, a geisha? (Written in the Stars)

Richard tries to go to his study. Emily says he should have made an appointment because she may have been stark naked. He counters that she has never been stark naked. Not even when skinny dipping. (Written in the Stars)

Richard and Emily are discussing bills, and Richard's smelly car that leaves oil on the driveway. "Really? You can see the driveway with your nose way up in the air like that?" (Written in the Stars)

Richard and Rory have lunch at Yale. Rory tries to convince him to talk to Emily himself but he doesn't want to be a bother. (Pippi)

Lorelai visits Richard in the pool house and learns he is in a barbershop quartet. (Pippi)

Richard tells Emily about the quartet. He notices the panic room and simply says "Very good." (Pippi)

Lorelai begs her father to not make Luke go golfing. But according to Richard it is his right to meet him. (You Jump. I Jump Jack)

Richard and Luke go golfing. They talk coins, shaves, franchising, hobbies, and books by Dick (You Jump. I Jump Jack)

Richard serves the girls meat on a stick. "Drinks last one hour at most. Then you get the dinner portion, which can last several hours. Especially the way you structure things. You get more time. I should at least be able to serve appetizers with my drinks." (The Party's Over)

Emily and Richard are in cahoots with the all male Yale Party (The Party's Over)

Edited by lulu1960

Okay, I'm back :) Does anyone have additional S5 Richard moments to add???

Emily tell Richard that she is going to Europe and having two glasses of wine at lunch."Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch" She is clearly not the woman that he married.(Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)
Richard explains to Lorelai and Rory who Robert is. Is he a butler, a valet, a geisha? (Written in the Stars)
Richard tries to go to his study. Emily says he should have made an appointment because she may have been stark naked. He counters that she has never been stark naked. Not even when skinny dipping. (Written in the Stars)
Richard and Emily are discussing bills, and Richard's smelly car that leaves oil on the driveway. "Really? You can see the driveway with your nose way up in the air like that?" (Written in the Stars)
Richard and Rory have lunch at Yale. Rory tries to convince him to talk to Emily himself but he doesn't want to be a bother. (Pippi)
Lorelai visits Richard in the pool house and learns he is in a barbershop quartet. (Pippi)
Richard tells Emily about the quartet. He notices the panic room and simply says "Very good." (Pippi)
Lorelai begs her father to not make Luke go golfing. But according to Richard it is his right to meet him. (You Jump. I Jump Jack)
Richard and Luke go golfing. They talk coins, shaves, franchising, hobbies, and books by Dick (You Jump. I Jump Jack)
Richard serves the girls meat on a stick. "Drinks last one hour at most. Then you get the dinner portion, which can last several hours. Especially the way you structure things. You get more time. I should at least be able to serve appetizers with my drinks." (The Party's Over)
Emily and Richard are in cahoots with the all male Yale Party (The Party's Over)

Richard and Emily reconciled yesterday.  And last night.  And this morning.  (Come Home)

Were there some already mentioned in a previous post?  I could have sworn someone already did the one where Richard and Rory pull one over on Logan about Logan "declaring his love" for Rory (from Pushkin).  Best moment ever, by the way.

Oh!  I found it LOL.

So, should we start our list for next season's best moments? I have two to add!

1. Richard helps Rory play a joke on Logan by pretending he has arranged for them to be married (Not as Cute as Pushkin)
2. Richard's speech to Emily at their vow renewal ceremony "Just for tonight, you can call me Bill." (Wedding Bell Blues)

Here's our updated list...do we have any additional suggestions?!

1. Emily tell Richard that she is going to Europe and having two glasses of wine at lunch."Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch" She is clearly not the woman that he married.(Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller)
2. Richard explains to Lorelai and Rory who Robert is. Is he a butler, a valet, a geisha? (Written in the Stars)
3. Richard tries to go to his study. Emily says he should have made an appointment because she may have been stark naked. He counters that she has never been stark naked. Not even when skinny dipping. (Written in the Stars)
4. Richard and Emily are discussing bills, and Richard's smelly car that leaves oil on the driveway. "Really? You can see the driveway with your nose way up in the air like that?" (Written in the Stars)
5. Richard and Rory have lunch at Yale. Rory tries to convince him to talk to Emily himself but he doesn't want to be a bother. (Pippi)
6. Lorelai visits Richard in the pool house and learns he is in a barbershop quartet. (Pippi)
7. Richard tells Emily about the quartet. He notices the panic room and simply says "Very good." (Pippi)
8. Lorelai begs her father to not make Luke go golfing. But according to Richard it is his right to meet him. (You Jump. I Jump Jack)
9. Richard and Luke go golfing. They talk coins, shaves, franchising, hobbies, and books by Dick (You Jump. I Jump Jack)
10. Richard serves the girls meat on a stick. "Drinks last one hour at most. Then you get the dinner portion, which can last several hours. Especially the way you structure things. You get more time. I should at least be able to serve appetizers with my drinks." (The Party's Over)
11. Emily and Richard are in cahoots with the all male Yale Party (The Party's Over)

12. Richard helps Rory play a joke on Logan by pretending he has arranged for them to be married (Not as Cute as Pushkin)
13. Richard's speech to Emily at their vow renewal ceremony "Just for tonight, you can call me Bill." (Wedding Bell Blues)